Sharing a video in a live webinar
Zoom Webinars allows you to share a video file within a live webinar session with chat and Q&A. Zoom supports this through its built-in video player. Sharing your video with the built-in player improves the quality of the shared video. The webinar host simply needs to have a locally stored MOV or MP4 file of the video.
Note: Hosts with Zoom Events or Zoom Sessions licenses can also use the simulive feature, which allows you to schedule a webinar with a previously recorded cloud recording as a video file within a webinar.
This article covers:
- How to play a video in a live webinar
- Helpful tips for showing a video during a live webinar session
Prerequisites hosting live webinars with pre-recorded presentation
- Zoom Webinars add-on
- Scheduled webinar
Note: It's recommended to schedule the webinar with Practice Session enabled so that you have time to set up before attendees are able to enter.
- Meet the video playback prerequisites
- Zoom desktop client
- Windows: version 5.4.3 or higher
- macOS: version 5.4.3 or higher
- At least 1.5Mbps (up/down) full screen HD.
Note: Wired internet connection strongly recommended.
- A MOV or MP4 video file.
- Zoom desktop client
How to play a video in a live webinar
- Start a webinar as the host.
- In the webinar controls, click Share Screen .
- At the top of the pop-up, switch to the Advanced tab, and then select Video .
- (Optional) Clear the check box next to Optimize for video clip if your video includes a lot of text-heavy presentation slides, as this feature will make text appear fuzzy. Optimize for video clip prioritizes framerate and is generally recommended for sharing videos with images, not text.
- Click Share.
- Navigate to and select the video you want to share, then click Open.
The video will open within the Zoom webinar and be visible to all.
- (Optional) If you are in a practice session, click Start Webinar and allow a few minutes for attendees to join.
- Play the video.
- Click Stop Share when the video is done.
Helpful tips for showing a video during a live webinar session
- While sharing the video, you will have some common playback controls, which are not visible to anyone besides the person sharing.
- Hosts can still use chat and Q&A during a live webinar that shares a pre-recorded video.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.