We are removing an older Zoom Phone administrative method for managing call queues named Call Queue Manager and replacing it with the Call Queue Admin role. The Call Queue Admin role has all of the same capabilities to manage call queues, and provides a formal administrative role framework for defining roles, customizing role capabilities, selecting role members, and designating the target call queues.
On June 21, any phone users who were assigned the Call Queue Manager designation will be automatically converted to the Call Queue Admin role with exactly the same permissions.
You can manually convert these designations anytime before June 20 by following these instructions.
Converting Call Queue Manager to Call Queue Admin
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation menu, click Phone System Management then Call Queues.
- Locate a call queue that does not have an email address in the Call Queue Admin column, then click the corresponding call queue name.
- In the Members section, click View or Edit and take note of any user that’s assigned as Call Queue Manager. This is the person that should become the Call Queue Admin. When finished, close the member’s list.
- In the Admin section, click Set.
You will be redirected to the role management page.
- Click Edit next to the Call Queue Admin role.
- Click the Role Members tab, then click Add Members.
- Enter the name of the user you identified in step 4, select the user in the drop-down search results, then click Add.
- Click Manage Targets for the user you just added.
- Click Add Targets.
- Select the call queue that you selected in step 3, then click Add.
The user will be assigned as a Call Queue Admin to the selected call queue.
- Repeat steps 2 to 10 for each call queue that does not have a Call Queue Admin.
To learn more about the Call Queue Admin role, see the Zoom Phone role management article.