After enabling cloud recording, you can specify the views you would like to record in your video. From the Advanced cloud recording settings, you can add a timestamp or participants' names for example, to personalize your video.
Further managing cloud recording settings are available to owners and admins to manage their cloud recordings.
This article covers:
- Pro, Business, or Enterprise account.
- Cloud recording enabled.
- Licensed member.
Cloud recording views
- Record active speaker with shared screen: Record both active speaker view and shared content on the same video.
- Record gallery view with shared screen: Record both gallery view and shared content on the same video.
- Record active speaker, gallery view and shared screen separately: Select the recording layout types that you want to record as separate videos.
Note: By selecting this option for cloud recordings, you will see the shared screen recording beside the active speaker / gallery view when viewing a cloud recording using the Zoom web portal.
- Record an audio only file: Only receive an M4A file with a recording of the audio.
- Save chat messages from the meeting / webinar: Receive a TXT file with the transcript of in-meeting chat messages.
Note: For meetings, the chat transcript saved on the cloud will only include chat messages sent to everyone. For webinars, the saved chat will only include messages from the host and panelists to all participants. Messages sent between individuals are not saved on the cloud.
Advanced cloud recording settings
- Add a timestamp to the recording: Add a timestamp of the meeting to your cloud recordings. The time will display in the host's timezone, set on their Zoom profile.
- Display participants' names in the recording: Add participants' name to the bottom-right corner of their video.
- Record thumbnails when sharing: Include a thumbnail of the presenter when screen sharing.
- Optimize the recording for 3rd party video editor: Generate your cloud recording video files with a standard format that is compatible with 3rd party video editors. This may increase file size.
- Audio transcript: Automatically transcribe your cloud recordings.
- Save panelist chat to the recording: The messages sent by panelists during a webinar to either all panelists or all panelists and attendees will be saved to the recording.