Recording management settings allows account owners and admins to specify what their hosts are allowed to do with their cloud recordings. An owner or admin can enable, disable and lock many of those settings such as cloud recording sharing, automatic recording, etc.
Disabling cloud recording and locking that setting for the entire account will make recording management settings irrelevant.
- If a setting is not locked, licensed hosts can enable or disable those settings as desired in their own account.
- If a setting is locked, licensed hosts cannot enable or disable those settings and will need to contact their account admins for any changes.
This article covers:
- Pro, Business, or Enterprise account.
- Owner or admin privilege.
- Licensed member.
Enabling or disabling cloud recording management settings
Owners and admins with the privileges to change account and/or group settings, can lock any of the following settings, by simply clicking on the lock icon on the far right of the setting , then in the Lock pop-up window, click Lock.
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal as an owner, admin or user.
- If you are changing settings for the entire account, in the navigation panel, click Account Management then Account Settings.
- If you are changing settings for a group of user, in the navigation panel, click User Management then Group Management then click on the desired group name.
- if you are a user, in the navigation panel, click Settings.
- Select the Recording tab.
- Click the toggle to enable or disable as desired the following settings:
- Allow cloud recording sharing: Allow hosts to share their cloud recordings. The host will be shared a link of the recording.
- Automatic recording: Allow hosts to automatically record their event. The recording will start as soon as the event starts.
- Prevent hosts from accessing their cloud recordings: Prevent hosts to view their cloud recordings. Only owners and admins with recording management privilege can access the recordings if this setting is enabled.
- Cloud recording download: Allow anyone to download the video from a link of the cloud recording that was shared by the host.
- Note: If enabling this setting, you can check Only the host can download cloud recordings, if you want only the host to download cloud recordings.
- IP Address Access Control: Only allow specified IP addresses to playback shared cloud recordings.
- Note: This setting applies to cloud recordings that are shared publicly or to authenticated users. If a cloud recording is shared to authenticated users, signed-in users in the same account will still need their IP addresses allowed to view the recording.
- Require users to authenticate before viewing cloud recordings: Require cloud recording viewers to authenticate before viewing recordings. One method to authenticate viewers could be to have them sign into their Zoom account.
- Set recording as on-demand by default: Cloud recording viewers must register before they can watch the recording.
- Note: For webinars, On-demand recording registration is not compatible with the Paypal integration, attendee emails, post-attendee links or surveys.
- Require passcode to access shared cloud recordings: Require a passcode to access cloud recordings.
- Note: If enabling this setting, you can check Require a passcode to access the existing cloud recordings to access current recordings. You can also set your password strength requirements.
- Viewers can see the transcript: When this setting is turned on, users with the shared link will be able to view transcripts of cloud recordings. This setting is applicable to newly generated cloud recordings only.
- The host can auto delete cloud recordings: Allow the host to delete their cloud recordings.
- Note: If this setting is disabled, the recordings cannot be deleted by the host and only admin can delete them.
- Auto delete cloud recordings after days: Delete cloud recordings after the specified amount of days.
- Note: Auto-deletion only happens once per day, thus it is possible that a recording may not be eligible for deletion when the auto-deletion process occurs on our servers. Because of this, auto-deletion commonly occurs one day after the specified amount of days.
- Allow recovery of deleted cloud recordings from Trash: After enabling this setting, deleted cloud recordings will be kept in the trash for 30 days. These files will not count as part of the total storage allowance.
- Note: This setting cannot be locked by admins.
- Push notification to subscription URL when a cloud recording is available: Allows notification to trigger Webhooks when cloud recording is complete.
- Note: This setting cannot be locked by admins.
- Recording notifications - Zoom clients: Notify participants that a meeting is being recorded.
- Note: This setting can't be disabled, but can be modified based on your account type.
- Recording disclaimer: Show a customizable recording disclaimer to participants before a recording starts. You can add a title, description and/or a link to your disclaimer.
- Multiple audio notifications of recorded meetings: Play notification messages to participants who join the meeting audio. These messages play each time the recording starts or restarts informing participants the meeting is being recorded.
- Record meeting as WORM state (write once, read many): After enabling this setting, cloud recordings cannot be edited or deleted in the web portal. If a retention time range has been configured, recordings can't be edited or deleted until the retention period expires.
- This setting needs to be enabled by Zoom. After contacting support, please allow up to 3 business days for the feature to be enabled.
- If you set a recording to auto delete, the time to auto delete will only apply after the retention period expires.