Managing cloud recording settings
Cloud recording management settings allow account owners and admins to specify what hosts can do with their cloud recordings. An owner or admin can enable, disable, or lock settings such as cloud recording sharing, automatic recording, and who can download cloud recordings.
Disabling cloud recording and locking that setting for the entire account will disable all recording management settings.
- If a setting is not locked, licensed hosts can enable or disable those settings as desired in their own account.
- If a setting is locked, licensed hosts cannot enable or disable those settings and will need to contact their account admins for any changes.
- You can also change cloud recording email notifications.
Prerequisites for managing cloud recording settings
- Pro, Business, or Enterprise account
- Account owner or admin privilege
- Licensed host to edit user-level settings
How to enable or disable cloud recording management settings
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation menu, do one of the following actions:
- If you are an account owner or admin changing settings for the entire account, click Account Management then Account Settings.
- If you are an account owner or admin changing settings for a group of users, click User Management then Groups, and then click the applicable group name from the list.
- If you are a licensed host, click Settings.
- Click the Recording tab.
- Click the toggle to enable or disable the following settings.
Note: Some settings are only available to account owners and admins at the account and group levels.
- Allow cloud recording sharing: Allow hosts to share their cloud recordings.
- Automatic recording: Allow hosts to automatically record their meetings. The recording will start as soon as the meeting starts.
- Prevent hosts from accessing their cloud recordings: Prevent hosts from viewing their cloud recordings. Only admins with recording management privilege can access the recordings if this setting is enabled.
- Cloud recording downloads: Allow anyone to download the video from a link of the cloud recording that was shared by the host.
Note: You can also select the check box next to Only the host can download cloud recordings, if you want only the host to download cloud recordings.
- IP Address Access Control: Only allow specified IP addresses to play back shared cloud recordings. This setting applies to cloud recordings that are shared publicly or to authenticated users. If a cloud recording is shared with authenticated users, signed-in users in the same account will still need their IP addresses allowed to view the recording.
- Require users to authenticate before viewing cloud recordings: Allow meeting hosts to require users to authenticate before viewing recordings, such as sign in to their Zoom account.
- Set recording as on-demand by default: Cloud recording viewers must register before they can watch the recording.
Note: For webinars, on-demand recording registration is not compatible with the PayPal integration, attendee emails, post-attendee links, or surveys.
- Require passcode to access shared cloud recordings: Require a passcode to access newly generated cloud recordings. You can also select the check box to apply this setting to existing cloud recordings and set minimum passcode strength requirements.
- Viewers can see the transcript: When this setting is enabled, users with the shared link can view transcripts of cloud recordings. This setting is applicable to newly generated cloud recordings only.
- Delete cloud recordings after a specified number of days: Delete cloud recordings after the specified amount of days. Learn more about what happens to cloud recording files when a user deletes their cloud recordings.
- The host can delete cloud recordings: Allow the host to delete their cloud recordings. If this setting is disabled, only admins can delete recordings.
- Allow recovery of deleted cloud recordings from Trash: After enabling this setting, deleted cloud recordings will be kept in the trash for 30 days. These files will not count as part of the total storage allowance. This setting cannot be locked by admins. The host can delete cloud recordings. Learn more about what happens to cloud recording files when a user deletes their cloud recordings.
- Push notification to subscription URL when a cloud recording is available: Allows notification to trigger Webhooks when cloud recording is complete. This setting cannot be locked by admins.
- Recording notifications: Notify participants that a meeting is being recorded for users joining on a Zoom client and for users joining by phone. Recording notifications can't be disabled, but can be modified based on your account type.
- Record meeting as WORM state (write once, read many): After enabling this setting, cloud recordings cannot be edited or deleted in the web portal. If a retention time range has been configured, recordings can't be edited or deleted until the retention period expires.
- This setting needs to be enabled by Zoom. After contacting support, please allow up to 3 business days for the feature to be enabled.
- If you set a recording to auto delete, the time to auto delete will only apply after the retention period expires.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.