Changing basic and advanced cloud recording settings
With cloud recording enabled, you can determine which recording settings are selected for any meetings or webinars you record to the cloud. These settings can be applied at an account, group, or user level. If you are an account owner or admin, you can also manage other cloud recording settings for users or groups in your account.
- If a setting is not locked, paid members can enable or disable those settings as desired in their own account.
- If a setting is locked, the paid member cannot enable or disable those settings and will need to contact their account admins for any changes.
This article covers:
- How to apply individual settings to your cloud recordings
Prerequisites for changing cloud recording settings
- Cloud recording enabled
- Pro, Business, or Enterprise account
- Licensed user
How to apply individual settings to your cloud recordings
As a host, you can apply specific settings to your cloud recordings, such as the type of view, whether public chat messages are included, and the timestamp. Settings that had been previously changed for groups or users will be kept as-is. Account owners and admins can enable, disable, and lock these settings.
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation menu, do one of the following:
- If you are an account owner or admin changing settings for the entire account, click Account Management then Account Settings.
- If you are an account owner or admin changing settings for a group of users, click User Management then Group Management, and then click the applicable group name from the list.
Note: If you signed up for a new Zoom account after August 21, 2021; or the New Admin Experience is enabled on your account, the Group Management page has been renamed to Groups.
- If you are a licensed host, click Settings.
- Click the Recording tab.
- Adjust the individual basic and advanced cloud recording settings as needed.
- Click Save.
Basic cloud recording settings
You can select or clear the check boxes next to the following cloud recording features according to what you would like to record in your video. Each selection will be what is recorded.
- Record active speaker with shared screen: Record both the active speaker view and shared content on the same video.
- Record gallery view with shared screen: Record both gallery view and shared content on the same video.
- Record active speaker, gallery view and shared screen separately: Record the active speaker, gallery view and shared screen as separate videos.
- Select Active speaker to record the active speaker only.
- Select Gallery view to record the gallery view only.
- Select Shared screen to record the shared screen only.
- Record audio-only files: Record the audio of the video separately. Choose to record one audio file for all participants, a separate audio file of each participant, or both. Audio files are in the M4A file format.
- Record one audio file for all participants: One file is processed for the entire audio of the recording.
- Record a separate audio file of each participant: Records up to 200 speakers individually and provides you with separate audio files for each speaker. For example, this allows you to have more customization options if you want to edit or apply filters to just one participant's audio to improve the audio quality of the recording.
Note: The audio for all users who join by phone will be merged into one audio file.
- Save chat messages from the meeting / webinar: Select this check box to save chat messages from the meeting/webinar. You will receive a TXT file with the transcript of the meeting/webinar chat messages.
Note: For meetings, the chat transcript saved on the cloud will only include chat messages sent to everyone. For webinars, the saved chat will only include messages from the host and panelists to all participants. Private messages sent between individuals are not saved on the cloud.
Advanced cloud recording settings
To fine tune and add specifics to your cloud recordings, you can select or clear the following settings:
- Add a timestamp to the recording: Add a timestamp of the meeting to your cloud recordings. The time will display in the host's time zone, set on their Zoom profile.
- Display participants' names in the recording: Add participants' name to the bottom-right corner of their video.
- Record thumbnails when sharing: Include a thumbnail of the presenter when screen sharing.
- Optimize the recording for 3rd party video editor: Generate your cloud recording video files with a standard format that is compatible with 3rd party video editors. This may increase file size.
- Audio transcript: Check this setting to automatically transcribe your cloud recordings.
- Recording highlights: Meeting details from the audio transcript are automatically highlighted as a summary for informational purposes.
- Save panelist chat to the recording: Save the messages sent by panelists during a webinar to either all panelists or all panelists and attendees.
- Save poll results shared during the meeting/webinar: Include any shared poll results in the cloud recording.
- Save closed caption as a VTT file: The closed captions are saved as a VTT file that is accessible by users in the cloud recording detail page.
Join the 83K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.