Upgrading from the legacy API Connector to the enhanced API Connector can be done easily with minimal disruption to your users. The enhanced API Connector can be deployed, while the Legacy API Connector is still in use until your organization is ready to decommission the legacy connector.
Note: The enhanced Room Connector feature must be enabled for your account before deploying the new Room Connector.
- A Pro, Business, Enterprise, or Education account
- Owner, Admin, or “H.323/SIP room connector” Role-based privileges
- A Zoom account with a Cloud Room Connector license
- Enhanced Room Connector enabled for the account
- A Windows PC, Server, or Virtual Machine (for installing and running the Zoom API Connector software locally
- 2 core processor
- 20 GB of storage
Note: The above device requirements, support up to 400 endpoints
Upgrading the Room Connector
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation panel, click Room Management, then click Cisco/Polycom Rooms.
- Click the API Connectors tab.
- Next to your current API Connector, click Install.
- Run the installer.
- At the Customize this installation window, enter the following information:
- Connector ID: Copy the Connector ID from the API Connector page, and paste it into the Connector ID field in the installer
- Private Key: Click the private key field on the API Connector page to copy it. Paste it into the Private Key field of the installer
- Complete the installation wizard.
- Once completed, refresh the API Connector page, and click on the name of the API Connector to confirm that the second host is listed.
- Once the new API Connector is online, you can decommission your legacy API Connector.
Once the VM or host running the legacy API connector has been decommissioned, the legacy host will no longer be shown when clicking on the Connector ID.
Note: To collect the API Connector log file, navigate to the folder where you installed the API connector, and it should be in the “/logs”.