Creating a Zoom Event
You can use the multiple sessions format to utilize meetings and webinars to run a multi-day event that contains multiple tracks and multiple sessions. You'll also be able to run streaming previews of each session, as well as concurrent sessions with dedicated chats.
For multiple sessions events, attendees have access to an enhanced lobby, sponsor networking, and booths.
This article covers:
Prerequisites for creating a Zoom Event
- Zoom desktop client for Windows, macOS, or Linux: Global minimum version or higher
- Zoom mobile app for Android or iOS: Global minimum version or higher
- Pro, Business, Enterprise, or Education account
- Stripe or PayPal Business account is required to create paid events
- Zoom Events license
Note: For access to the latest Zoom Events and Webinar features, we strongly recommend hosts to update to the latest version of the Zoom desktop client/mobile application.
How to create an event
- Sign in to Zoom Events.
- In the top-right corner, click Create.
A Create Event pop-up window will appear.
- In the pop-up window, complete the following information:
- Event Name: Enter an event name.
- Create event for this Hub: Use the dropdown menu to select the hub you want to list your event in.
Note: Owners and managers of the hub can also edit the event.
- Short Description: Enter a short description of the event.
Note: Description has a maximum character limit of 140 characters.
- Event Type: Use the dropdown menu to select the type of event.
- Multiple Sessions: One day or a multi-day event that contains multiple tracks and multiple sessions
- Recurring Series Event: A recurring event that can be scheduled on specific dates and times; you can schedule it to occur daily, weekly, or monthly.
- Select the session type you want to create:
- Time Zone: Use the dropdown menu to select your time zone.
- Main Event Masthead: Click the pencil icon to upload an image.
- Enter the required information for each section of the process to create an event.
A preview of the event is updated and displayed—in real-time—in the right panel as you add information throughout the creation process. You can click the swap-view icon to switch the preview between a desktop or mobile layout.
Note: Not all fields can be edited after the event is published or a ticket to the event has been sold.
How to add co-editors
You can add up to 3 co-editors and grant them permission to edit specific sections for multiple sessions. Co-editors do not see the Analytics section and its tabs when they access the event. Co-editors can make changes to the event details. Co-editors cannot add or remove other co-editors. Co-editors will not be provided with their own tickets to the event.
- At the top of the event creation page, click the Invite Editors button.
An Editors pop-up window will appear.
- Under Co-Editor, enter the email address of the user you want to add as a co-editor.
Note: Co-editors do not need to belong to the same Zoom Events account or have a Zoom Events account to be able to edit the event.
- Click the Select permission dropdown menu to select which section(s)' details the specified co-editor can edit.
Note: Sections under the Analytics tab are not included.
- Click Add.
Note: An email will be sent to inform users they have been added as co-editors of the event.
- (Optional) Click the pencil icon to edit co-editors.
- (Optional) Click the trash icon to delete co-editors.
The Co-Editor List will be updated with the added co-editor(s)' Email and Permissions.
Event creation flow
The multiple-session event creation flow has the Edit, Manage, and Analytics sections. Each section has different tabs that you can access to organize your event.
Additionally, you can track your progress and set up, using the host overview dashboard.
In the Edit section, hosts can set up their event information. The Edit section has the following tabs:
- Basic Information
- Event Profile
- In-session Branding
- Event Branding
Note: Only the Basic Information tab needs to be completed to publish an event.
In the Manage section, hosts can control tickets, advanced options, lobby and expo chats, registrant management, event change history, moderation, and integrations. The Manage section has the following tabs:
- Video Gallery
Note: This feature is available by request only. Contact Zoom support to discuss whether this feature is available for your account.
- Advanced Options
- Change History
Note: The Analytics section will be available to hosts once an event has been published.
In the Analytics section, hosts can access all Host Analytics Dashboard functionalities. The Analytics section has the following tabs:
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.