Note: If enabled by Zoom and an account admin, your microphone will be muted and your video will be off if you join a meeting with recording or live streaming already in progress. Once you provide consent, your microphone and video settings will revert back to the default for that meeting.
Providing consent to be recorded
For most devices, when prompted to provide consent, do one of the following:
- Click Continue to consent to be recorded.
- Click Leave Meeting to opt out and exit the meeting.
When you join a meeting that is being recorded, the following message appears: "This meeting is being recorded. By continuing to be in the meeting, you and other participants in the room are consenting to be recorded. Do you want to continue?"
If a recording is started after you're already in the meeting, the following message appears: "By being in the meeting, you are consenting to being recorded. Do you want to continue?"
In either scenario, do one of the following:
- Tap Continue to consent to be recorded.
- Tap No, Leave Meeting to opt out and exit the meeting.
When prompted to provide consent, do one of the following:
- Tap # to consent to be recorded.
- Tap * to opt out and exit the session.