Video producers can use Network Device Interface (NDI) with Zoom Rooms to create custom visual experiences from individual video streams. Meeting or Webinar video is sent via NDI to the network and, from there, production teams can use NDI enabled applications to modify the video. For example, producers could add custom name tags, custom backgrounds, or custom gallery views, depending on their production tools. The video can be modified in real time, and broadcasted to other audiences via secondary meeting, social media, or other live streams.
This article covers:
Prerequisites for using NDI
- Account owner, admin, or role with edit access to Zoom Rooms
- Zoom Rooms Windows or Zoom Rooms Mac version 5.7.0 or higher
- Zoom Rooms Controller version 5.7.0 or higher
- NDI setup
- Video production tool that supports NDI
How to enable NDI for Zoom Rooms
- Log in to the Zoom web portal.
- Click on Room Management then click on Zoom Rooms.
- You can use the Zoom Rooms location hierarchy to enable NDI from the account, location, or room settings. For this example, click Account Settings.
- Click the Meeting tab and scroll down to Allow Network Device Interface (NDI®️) usage, then toggle the setting.
How to use NDI during a meeting or webinar
Follow these steps after you have configured your network for NDI and set up your third-party video tools.
- Start or join a meeting or webinar using Zoom Rooms.
- On the Zoom Rooms controller, tap Change View.
- Tap Add Output under the Live on NDI® section.
- Tap Active Speaker, a specific screen share, or the participant's video you want to output.
- A notification will be displayed to all meeting or webinar participants informing them that the session is being streamed to NDI. The host must tap the Zoom Rooms controller to continue the session once this notification appears. Participants will have the option to stay in the session or leave.
- Use your third party video production tools to customize the video streams and export them to secondary meetings, recordings, or live streams.