Zoom Phone Appliance admin guide
Zoom Phone Appliance delivers all the capabilities of Zoom Rooms and Zoom Phone in an easy, compact desk phone experience. From the Zoom Phone Appliance, users can join/start/control Zoom Meetings, search contacts, call/transfer/conference calls, access multiple lines, access voicemails and escalate a Zoom Phone call to a meeting. Zoom Phone Appliance also supports the Zoom Workspace reservation user workflow, which provides interactive maps, desk occupancy status and easy QR code check-in to Zoom device-enabled desks.
This article covers:
Prerequisites for enrolling a Zoom Phone Appliance as an Admin
- Supported Zoom Phone Appliance
- Users must have a Zoom Phone license
- Optional: Calendar/contact integrations at the account level or user level
How to enroll a Zoom Phone Appliance as an Admin
Admins can enroll a Zoom Phone Appliance in Zoom Device Management (ZDM) for managing applications and platform OS upgrades, and can also add the device in the reservation system.
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation menu, click Device Management then Device List.
- Click the ellipses button in the top-right corner, then click Add Zoom Phone Appliance.
- Enter the following information:
- Display Name: Enter a display name to identify the phone.
- MAC Address: Enter the 12-digit MAC address of the device.
- Device Type: Select the vendor and model number using the drop-down menus.
- Assign to: Enter the username or email of the user to assign the phone to.
Once enrolled, you can force upgrade the Zoom Phone appliance application and platform OS.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.