Change site-level settings
After adding multiple sites to your account, you can edit a single site's settings. You can change settings like the site's name, site code, or default emergency address.
Note: Use Zoom Phone role management to allow a phone user to access or manage a site's settings.
This article covers:
Prerequisites for changing Zoom Phone site-level settings
- Pro, Business, or Education account
- Account owner or admin privileges
- Zoom Phone license
How to access site-level settings
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation menu, click Phone System Management then Company Info.
- Click the name of the site you want to edit.
You can edit the following settings under each tab:
- Display Name: Click Edit beside your site's name and enter a new one.
- Site Code (only visible if you enabled site codes): Enter a site code.
Short Extension (only visible if you enabled site codes): Specify the length of short extension numbers for the site. If existing extension in the site are too long or short to meet this requirement, you will be prompted to fix the conflicts.
- Range (Optional): Specify a number range for the short extensions. If existing extensions are outside of this range, you will be prompted to edit the extensions or keep them out of the specified range.
- Auto Receptionist: Displays the main auto receptionist of the site. Click the display name of the auto receptionist to edit it.
- Default Emergency Address: Add an emergency address to your site to easily set up new users by using the new address. Click Edit to change the address.
- Country/Region: Displays the country of the site's default emergency address. The country determines the reserved extension numbers that you can't use.
- Caller ID Name: Click Change to customize the outbound caller ID name.
- SIP Zone: Displays the server location used by Zoom Phone. By default, Zoom selects the nearest location based on the emergency address of the site.
Change the site's policy settings.
Set up emergency calling and routing.
Emergency Address & Location
Change the default business/closed/holiday hours. You can change the same settings as the account-level settings.
Change settings for call park.
Upgrade encryption for devices.
Outbound Caller ID
- Additional Outbound Caller ID for User: Control phone users' access to outbound caller ID numbers.
- Show Outbound Caller ID for Internal Calls: Show the direct phone number of internal inbound calls from call queues or auto receptionists. In other words, when a user dials an internal extension with an auto receptionist or call queue number as the caller ID, the receiver will see the selected outbound caller ID. If this setting is disabled, call notifications only show the extension number.
Change the default audio settings.
To change the general settings of your desk phones on your site, do the following:
Note: Some settings may not work for individual models and you need to manually reboot your desk phones to apply these changes.
- Select Use custom settings, to apply this setting at the site level.
Note: You can click Use account settings to apply the setting at the account level.
- To the right of Web Interface, click the toggle to enable it.
This will allow you to access the web portal of your devices.
To the right of Admin Password, click Show or Edit, to change the admin password of your IP phones.
Note: You will need to use this password to access the web portal of your devices.
- To the right of Firmware Update Rules, click Manage, to set up or change firmware update rules.
- Under Host Desking Session Timeout, select the time duration after users are signed out of hot desking devices.
Enable a dial-by-name directory that allows callers to search your account's phone users by entering a name.
Create templates to bulk apply settings to phone users.
Join the 250K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.