After adding a conference room to Zoom Phone, you can change settings like the room's display name, extension number, and caller ID.
This article covers:
- Pro, Business, or Education account
- Account owner or admin privilege
- Zoom Phone license
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation menu, click Phone System Management then Users & Rooms.
- Click the Zoom Rooms or Cisco/Polycom Rooms tab.
- Click the name of the room you want to adjust settings for.
You will see the following information and options:
- Site (only visible if you have multiple sites): Displays the site that the room belongs to. Select another site using the drop-down menu to move the room to another site.
- Package: Click Assign to assign an outbound calling package. Click × next to an assigned package to remove it.
- Extension Number: Click Edit to change the extension number assigned to the room.
Note: Some extension numbers are reserved and cannot be used. Extension numbers can be up to 6 digits. If you have multiple sites and enabled site codes, extension numbers can be 2 to 5 digits and site codes can be 1 to 2 digits.
- Number(s): Click Assign to assign direct phone numbers to the room. This setting is only visible if you assign a package.
- Emergency Address: Click Manage to edit the emergency address assigned to the room. If you have multiple sites, you can select any address assigned to the site or the site's default address.
- Outbound Caller ID (only visible if you assign a package): Use the drop-down menu to select the caller ID number when making outbound calls from the room.
- Country (only visible if you assign a package): Displays the country of the room's emergency address. The country determines the reserved extension numbers that you can't use for the room.
- Area Code (only visible if you assign a package): Click Set or Edit to change the default area code for outbound calling.
- Device Type (only visible for Cisco/Polycom rooms): Displays the name of the Cisco/Polycom room.
- Communications Content Storage Location: Manage the storage location of Communications Content.
Policy settings allow you to enable or disable certain Zoom Phone features.
Note: After setting custom hours, you can customize how inbound calls are routed during these hours. These settings are not available for Cisco/Polycom rooms.
- Business Hours: Click Edit to change the times when the user can answer calls. You can set business hours to span past 11:30 PM. You can also set business hours in increments of 10 mins by manually entering a time; for example, 11:10 PM.
- Closed Hours: If you customized business hours, you can also set closed hours.
- Holiday Hours: Click Manage to designate certain days are holidays.
Call handling settings
- Ring the Device: Enable or disable the ring for inbound calls.
- Ring Duration: If you enabled Ring the Device, set the maximum ring duration before the call is handled as specified in the setting below (When a call is not answered).
- When a call is not answered: Select how unanswered calls are handled during the specified hours.
- Play a message, then disconnect: Plays a custom message for the caller then hangs up the call. Click Audio Library to customize audio.
- Disconnect: The call will be disconnected without playing a message.
- Forward to another extension: Route calls to another extension in the account.
- Forward to External Contacts: If the account has a directory of external users, you can route calls to an external contact.