If your screen flickers black several times while you are screen sharing in a meeting, follow these steps to troubleshoot the issue.
Note: If you’re encountering a black screen while screen sharing, and are on a Windows or Linux device, follow troubleshooting steps for black screen during screen share.
Uninstall and reinstall Zoom
- Run CleanZoom to uninstall Zoom completely.
Note: Use of the clean uninstaller will completely remove the Zoom client, as well as the Zoom plugin for Outlook. The Outlook add-in, Chrome/Firefox extensions, and GSuite add-on are unaffected.
- In the download center, download and install the 64-bit Zoom client for meetings.
- Once installed, open the Zoom desktop client, start a meeting with screen share, and test to see if the issue persists.
Modify the Video Rendering Method
If the issue persists after uninstalling and reinstalling Zoom, change the Video Rendering Method in the Zoom desktop client.
- Sign in to the Zoom desktop client.
- Click your profile picture, then click Settings.
- Click the Video tab.
- Click Advanced.
- In the Video Rendering Method drop-down field, select Direct3D11.
- Restart your computer, then test the screen share again.
- If the issue persists, select Direct3D9 in the Video Rendering Method drop-down field of advanced video settings.