- Pro, Business, or Education account
- Account owner or admin privileges
- Zoom Phone license
- Zoom Phone device added and provisioned
Follow these steps if you want to edit an existing device you've added. You can re-assigned the device or unbind it so that it isn't assigned to anyone.
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation menu, click Phone System Management then Phones & Devices.
- Click the Assigned or Unassigned tab.
- Click the display name of the phone or device you want to edit.
You can view or edit the following:
- Display name: Click Rename next to the display name to change it.
- Site (only visible if you have multiple sites): Displays the site that the device belongs to. This is automatically populated with the associated phone user's site. To change the site, you need to move the associated phone user to another site.
- Assigned To: Displays the phone user the device is assigned to (if applicable). If the phone isn't assigned, click Assign to assign it. To reassign the device, click the cross mark then click Assign.
Note: If the device supports multiple phone users, you can assign more than one phone user.
- Device Type: Displays the device's brand and model.
- MAC Address: Displays the 12-digit MAC address of the device. If you haven't provisioned the phone, click Edit to change the MAC address.
Note: If you're using a wireless phone, make sure to enter the wired MAC address, not the wireless MAC address.
- IP Address: Displays the local IPv4 address of the device.
- Provision Template: Displays the provision template if you assigned one to the supported phone.
- Bind (only visible if you don't have a template assigned): Assign a provision template to the phone.
- Edit: Assign a different template to the phone.
- Unbind: Remove the template from the phone. The template will still be available to assign.
- Status: Displays the provisioning status of the device. If you provisioned the phone and it's currently functioning, you will see an Online status.
- Provision: Display instructions for provisioning. You can also follow our provisioning guide.
- Set up as Common Area Phone: Convert an unassigned phone to a common area phone.
Note: This option only appears if the phone is unassigned.
- Remove: Remove the device from Zoom Phone.