Changing phone number settings
After obtaining phone numbers, admins can change phone number settings like display name and whether the number can receive incoming calls.
- Pro, Business, or Education account
- Account owner or admin privileges
- Zoom Phone license
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation menu, click Phone System Management then Phone Numbers.
- Click the Assigned or Unassigned tab.
- Click the number you want to edit.
- You can change these settings:
- Display Name: Click Set Display Name or Edit to customize the internal-only display name for the phone. You can use the display name to help phone users identify the number when changing their outbound caller ID.
Note: The display name does not affect the outbound caller ID seen by the receiving party.
- Capability: Click the check boxes to enable outgoing or incoming calling for the number. After changing this setting, numbers will be labelled as Outgoing or Incoming in the desktop client and web portal.
- If only Outgoing is checked: The number can only be used to make calls and can’t receive calls.
- If only Incoming is checked: The number can only be used for receiving calls and can’t make calls. Emergency calling will not be available for the number. Setting a number to incoming only can be useful if you want to block all incoming calls to that number; for example, if you assigned the number to a Zoom Room that is receiving a lot of spam calls.
Note: Phone users will be able to select incoming numbers as their caller ID but can't make calls using these numbers.
Join the 83K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.