Getting started as a Zoom Events admin
Zoom Events admins can purchase Zoom Events licenses and manage users along with their Zoom Events licenses. Admins can assign users licenses so that the user can create a Zoom Events hub to publish events.
Zoom Events admins can manage Zoom Events settings on the web portal. They can enable or disable chat in the Zoom Events lobby for event organizers, and they can allow hosts to have alternative hosts and co-hosts for their Zoom Event sessions.
This article covers:
- How to assign Zoom Events licenses
- How to purchase Zoom Events licenses
- How to automatically sign users out after a specified time
Prerequisites for getting started as a Zoom Events admin
- Pro, Business, Enterprise, or Education account
- Account owner or admin privileges
- Zoom Events Unlimited license or Zoom Events Pay Per Attendee license
- Zoom desktop client for Windows, macOS, or Linux: Global minimum version or higher
- Zoom mobile app for Android or iOS: Global minimum version or higher
Note: For access to the latest Zoom Events and Webinar features, we strongly recommend admins to update to the latest version of the Zoom desktop client/mobile application.
How to assign Zoom Events licenses
Account owners and admins can easily transfer a Zoom Events or Zoom Sessions license and all hub data from one active user on the account to another user through User Management on the web portal. This allows account owners or admins to assign a Zoom Events license to users responsible for running events, so the users can manage the event space for their own groups.
For more information, visit these support articles:
- Assigning Zoom Events licenses
- Managing Zoom Events licensing on the web portal
- Managing SAML Zoom Events licensing
How to purchase Zoom Events licenses
For more information, visit the support article on how to purchase Zoom Events licenses.
How to automatically sign users out after a specified time
Account owners and admins can automatically sign users out of Zoom Events after a set time duration and configure additional timeout values. Account owners and admins can customize this setting for signed-in Zoom users, email verification users, and external SSO users. This setting applies to all events under the admin's account and the event's attendees, including special roles.
Learn more about automatically signing users out after a specified time and managing when users must sign in again after a period of inactivity.
Join the 250K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.