Geographic availability for attending Zoom Events
While access to Zoom Events is generally available worldwide, whether a user can register for and join an event is determined by which country or region the attendee is located in.
The location of an attendee is used to determine if the user will be prevented from registering for an event due to geo-blocking.
This article covers:
- Countries or regions allowed to attend free Zoom Events
- Countries allowed to attend paid Zoom Events
- Restricted countries or regions
- Restrictions to pre-registering for Zoom Events
- Zoom desktop client:
- Windows: 5.7.6 or higher
- macOS: 5.7.6 or higher
- Zoom mobile client
- iOS: 5.7.6 or higher
- Android: 5.7.6 or higher
- Basic user
- There is a dependency with Windows' Webview package for Windows platform; while version 5.7.6 does support Zoom Events, it may cause a blank lobby experience for attendees.
- For attendee access to the latest Zoom Events and Webinar features, we highly encourage attendees to update to the latest version of the Zoom desktop client/mobile application.
Countries or regions allowed to attend free Zoom Events
Note: If a free event is set to restrict access to any of the countries or regions allowed to join the free event, then users located in those countries or regions will not be allowed to register for the event.
Countries allowed to attend paid Zoom Events
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
Note: If a paid event is set to restrict access to one of these countries, then users located in one of these countries will not be allowed to register for the event.
Restricted countries or regions
The countries or regions on this list are unable to attend all Zoom Events due to regulatory reasons.
Additionally, attendees in China are not able to access Zoom Events.
Restrictions to pre-registering for Zoom Events
If you are invited to pre-register for an event but are located in a country that is geographically restricted from accessing Zoom, you will not be allowed to complete pre-registration for—and thus will not be allowed to join—that Zoom Event.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.