Voice commands enable users to perform basic functions in Zoom Rooms while minimizing contact with touch screens. Issuing voice commands with the native Zoom Rooms voice engine allows users to take advantage of this functionality without additional setup or equipment.
This article covers:
- Zoom Rooms version 5.7.0 or higher
- Account owner, admin, or role with edit access to Zoom Rooms
How to enable voice commands for Zoom Rooms
- Log in to the Zoom web portal.
- Click Room Management then click Zoom Rooms.
- You can use the Zoom Rooms location hierarchy to enable voice commands from the account, location, or room settings. For this example, click Account Settings.
- Click the Meeting tab, then toggle the voice commands setting and select Zoom.
How to use voice commands
|You can say...||Zoom Rooms will...|
This is the wake word to get started. The Zoom Room will be ready to receive commands. You can also say this command followed by another.
|Check in and keep the room reserved, or free the room for others to use if checking out.|
|Start a scheduled or instant meeting.|
“Join meeting ID” (say the ID number)
|Join the meeting ID you have selected. If the meeting requires a passcode you will be prompted to say it. The passcode must be said one character at a time.|
“Join personal link” (say the personal link name. You must say one character at a time)
|Join the personal link. If there is a passcode, you will be prompted to say it. The personal link name and passcode must be said one character at a time.|
|Delete the last number or character you entered.|
|Leave or end the meeting.|
- If the wrong number or character is detected when saying the meeting ID, personal link, or passcode, you can delete the last character. If the system detects the incorrect character in subsequent attempts, try saying the character slightly differently. For example, if you say "a" and "8" is detected, say "lower case a" instead.