Using Zoom for Chrome PWA
Zoom unifies cloud video conferencing and simple online meetings into one easy-to-use platform. Our solution offers the best video, audio, and wireless screen-sharing experience across multiple platforms. The Zoom for Chrome PWA (Progressive Web App) allows you to use some of the same features available on the desktop client or mobile app within the Chrome web browser.
For more information regarding how to deploy a custom configuration of the Zoom for Chrome PWA, please refer to the admin configuration guide.
Note: The Zoom for Chrome PWA is separate from the ChromeOS app and is intended to replace it, as support for ChromeOS apps are being phased out across all operating systems by November 5, 2022. We strongly recommend admins begin migrating users from the ChromeOS app to the new Zoom for Chrome PWA to ensure a smooth transition.
This article covers:
- Sign in and join
- Start a meeting
- Join a meeting
- In meeting controls
- More resources
- Zoom for Chrome (available on Google Play)
Sign in and join
After installing and launching the Zoom for Chrome PWA, click Join Meeting to join a meeting without signing in. If you want to sign in and start or schedule your own meeting, click Sign In.
After signing in, you will see the Home tab, where you will see these options:
- New Meeting: Start an instant meeting.
- Join: Join a meeting that is in progress.
- Schedule: Opens a new tab to schedule a meeting.
Select the Contacts tab to view and manage your contacts. A directory of all your contacts are displayed, and, if your organization has Zoom Rooms, you will also see a list of Zoom Rooms.
Once you have started or joined a meeting, you can access the meeting controls located at the bottom of the meeting window (move your mouse in the Zoom window to display meeting controls).
When you are in a meeting or webinar, you can click More in the meeting controls then click Settings to access your settings.
- General: Adjust the skin tone of your meeting reactions.
- Background: Enable a simplified version of our Virtual Background feature. Choose from the default available virtual backgrounds, and adjust the shape of the filter around your face.
- About: View the current version, Zoom company info, and a link to info about what Open Source software is used within Zoom
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.