Using the Desktop Power User experience (Power Pack)
Desktop Power User experience is targeted at users who handle lots of calls and who need to transfer calls quickly; for example, receptionists, executive assistants, and help desk agents. The new experience enables an always-on-top panel with customizable widgets to easily view the phone user's call queues, shared line appearance (call delegation), and shared line groups. Phone users can also quickly access to dialer, history and voicemail. Phone users also get an enhanced Contacts window on the Zoom desktop client optimized for quickly finding their contacts and transferring calls with fewest clicks.
Note: Users must have the Zoom Phone Power Pack add-on to enable this feature.
This article covers:
- How to enable Desktop Power User and customizing widgets
- Widgets overview
- How to receive calls
- How to use in-call controls
- How to set presence status
- How to view call history and voicemail
- How change widget settings
- How to use the contacts list
- Zoom Phone license (any license that includes Zoom Phone Pro features)
- Zoom Phone Power Pack add-on
- Zoom desktop client for Windows or macOS, version 5.6.0 or higher
- Desktop Power User experience set up by your admin
How to enabling Desktop Power User and customize widgets
After the admin enables Desktop Power User, phone users can customize the Desktop Power Pack widgets.
Note: You must be a member of a call queue, shared line appearance (call delegation), or shared line group to be able to customize widgets.
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- Click Phone.
- Click the Settings tab.
- In the Desktop Power User section, make sure the toggle is enabled, then click View or Edit.
- In the Desktop Power User window, set the widgets to Call Queues, Shared Line Appearances, or Shared Line Groups as needed, and re-order them as necessary.
- Click Save.
- The Desktop Power User window displays up to 4 widgets you customized in the web portal. The top widget (on mac)OS, or bottom widget (for Windows) displays your own phone line.
- Each widget also displays the following information depending on the widget type:
- Call queue: Number of callers waiting in the queue and number of members currently active (signed in during their business hours)
- Shared line group: Number of members currently active (signed in during their business hours)
- Call delegation (shared line appearance): Presence status of your delegator
- Click and drag the Desktop Power User window to position it anywhere on top of other applications.
- Click and drag the Desktop Power User window to the edge of your screen to dock the panel to the side of the screen and auto hide it. The panel will automatically display (slide out) when there's an inbound call, or when you hover over the widget's edge.
How to receive calls
When receiving calls, you will see inbound call notifications simultaneously on both the Desktop Power User window as well as the Zoom desktop client in the Lines tab. You can accept or decline the call in either window. Click the answer or decline buttons in either window.
How to use in-call controls
During an active call, you will the following the in-call controls:
- Dial pad button: Open a dial pad next to the Desktop Power User window.
- Record button: Start or stop recording the call.
- Call park button: Park the call for another phone user to pick it up.
- Info button: Display information about the current call.
- Transfer call button: Transfer the call to another contact. A search bar will display where you can search for a contact. Hover over a contact's name then click one of the options to blind transfer, warm transfer, or send to voicemail.
- Hold button: Place the call on hold or resume the call.
- Hang up call button: End the call.
How to set presence status
Click your profile picture set your presence status to Available, Away, or Do Not Disturb.
Viewing call history and voicemail
Click the clock button to refocus on the History tab in the main Zoom window and view your call history and recordings.
Click the voicemail icon to refocus on the Voicemail tab in the main Zoom window and view your voicemail.
How to change widget settings
Click the ellipses button on each widget to access these settings:
- Personal line widget at the top
- View More Info : change your phone settings in the web portal.
- Call queue widgets
- Receive Call Queues: Enable or disable inbound call notifications from the call queue.
- Shared line appearance (call delegation) widgets:
- Click the buttons to meet, call, or chat with your delegate.
- Shared line group widgets:
- Receive group calls: Enable or disable inbound call notifications from the shared line group.
- Group call pickup widgets:
- View the users part of the pickup group.
How to use the contacts list
You can access an expanded contacts panel in the Zoom desktop client that displays real-time user presence and provides quick access to call, meet, or chat with your contacts.
- Sign in to the Zoom desktop client.
- Click the Contacts tab .
- Select a group in the contact list on the left to display contacts and the presence status of each contact.
- Hover over the contact for quick access to meet, call, or chat with them.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.