With heightened avoidance of shared touch surfaces as people return to offices, as well as Zoom Room controllers not always being in the most convenient location, the Zoom desktop client can pair with your Zoom Room to allow you to start a meeting on the Zoom Room from the desktop client.
You can also pair the Zoom mobile app with a nearby Zoom Room, to start or join meetings on the Zoom Room as well as control the Zoom Room directly from your mobile device.
- The Zoom desktop client must be paired with the Zoom Room first, before being able to pass a meeting to the paired Zoom Room. Pairing is not available once the meeting is started or joined.
- You can only pair with Zoom Rooms that are on the same account as the user signed-in to the desktop client.
This article covers:
- Enabling pairing on the account
- Enabling pairing on the desktop client
- Pairing with the Zoom Room
- Unpairing from the Zoom Room
- Zoom mobile app
- Windows version 5.7.0 or higher
- macOS version 5.7.0 or higher
- Zoom Rooms
- Windows version 5.6.7 or higher
- macOS version 5.6.7 or higher
Enabling pairing on the account
To enable pairing with a Zoom Room on the desktop client for all users in the account:
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal as an admin with the privilege to edit account settings.
- In the navigation panel, click Account Management then Account Settings.
- Click the Meeting tab.
- Under More Settings, verify that Show “Pair with Room” feature on Zoom client is enabled.
- If the setting is disabled, click the toggle to enable it. If a verification dialog displays, click Enable to verify the change.
- (Optional) If you want to make this setting mandatory for all users in your account, click the lock icon , and then click Lock to confirm the setting.
Enabling pairing on the desktop client
- Sign in to the Zoom desktop client.
- Click your profile picture, then click Settings.
- In the General section, enable the Show “Pair with Room” feature on tab bar option.
Note: If the option is grayed out, it has been disabled by account admins.
Pairing with the Zoom Room
- Open the Zoom desktop client and sign in to your account.
- In the top-right corner next to your profile picture, locate and click the Zoom Room pairing button .
The desktop client will attempt to pair with nearby Zoom Rooms or available Personal Zoom Rooms. A successful pairing will provide a notification, informing you of which Zoom Room the client is now paired with.
If automatic pairing fails or you wish to pair with a different nearby Zoom Room, you can manually pair.
- Click the Zoom Room pairing button again, then click another detected Zoom Room or click Pair with Another Room Manually.
- Enter the Sharing Key, displayed on the Zoom Room display, and click Pair.
A successful pairing will provide a notification, informing you of which Zoom Room the client is now paired with.
Now that the client is paired with a nearby Zoom Room, you can start or join meetings from the Zoom Room.
- Start or join a scheduled meeting. You will be prompted to choose to Join from Room or Join from My Computer.
- Select Join from Room to have the paired Zoom Room join the meeting.
Your desktop client will also remain connected to the meeting, but will have video and audio off.
Unpairing from the Zoom Room
Click the Zoom Room pairing icon and click Unpair at any point to disconnect your desktop client from the Zoom Room. The Zoom Room will remain connected to the meeting until the meeting ends or someone taps Leave on the Zoom Room controller tablet.