Dashboard for Team Chat
Account owners and admins can view account-usage metrics for Team Chat, our group messaging product. You can see metrics for messages sent and sent messages by type, such as files, images, or animated GIFs. You can also view the overall messages sent in the account.
This article covers:
Prerequisites for using the Team Chat dashboard
- Business, Education, or API Plan
- Account owner or admin privileges
How to access the Team Chat dashboard
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation menu, click Dashboard.
- At the top of the Dashboard, click the Team Chat tab.
- Use the following options to filter or customize the data:
- Use the drop-down menu and tabs at the top of the page to select a date range.
- Use the search box to only display metrics for a specific user.
- Click Export to CSV to download a CSV file containing the filtered data.
Use the following list for explanations of the metrics available in the Team Chat dashboard.
Sent Messages: Total, 1-on-1, and channel/group messages sent. This consists of all message types (text, files, images, code snippet, GIPHYs, audio, and video messages).
- Total: Total messages sent.
- 1:1: 1-on-1 messages sent (Messages directly sent to another Zoom user).
- Channels & Group Chats: Messages sent in a channel or group.
Sent Messages by Type: Messages sent broken down by type (text, files, images, code snippet, GIPHYs, audio, and video messages).
- Text: Messages sent that only contain text
- Files: Files sent, which consists of local files and files sent using file sharing integrations (Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, and Microsoft SharePoint)
- Images: Images sent, which consists of these image formats: PNG, JPG, and screen capture
- Code Snippet: Code snippets sent.
- GIPHYs: Animated GIFs (Giphy) sent.
- Audio: Audio messages sent
- Videos: Video files sent.
How to use overall metrics
You can also view the overall messages sent in the account on the main Dashboard page.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.