To join Zoom Events that you are registered for, you can click the join link in the confirmation email, calendar entry, or the ticket in your Zoom Events account.
Before joining an event on a computer or mobile device, download the Zoom app from our Download Center. Otherwise, you will be prompted to download and install Zoom when you click a join link.
This article covers:
- How to join an event
Prerequisites for joining Zoom Events
- Zoom desktop client
- Windows: 5.6.5 (823) or higher
- macOS: 5.6.4 (765) or higher
- Zoom mobile client
- iOS: 5.6.4 (308) or higher
- Android: 5.6.4 (1862) or higher
- Basic, Pro, Business, Enterprise, or Education account
How to join an event
Here are a few things to keep in mind when joining Zoom Events:
- Every ticket creates a unique URL that is linked to your account. Other users will not be able to join the event using your link.
- Joining audio by Zoom Phone or dial-in is not supported.
- If the event you are joining is being recorded, you will have to provide consent to being recorded to join the event.
- When registrants are signed in to their Zoom desktop client (with integrated calendars) with credentials different than their Zoom Event registration credentials, they will see a View Event option. Only users signed in to the Zoom desktop client with the same credentials that are used for Zoom Event registration will see a Join button.
Join an event from an email
After you have completed registration for a free or paid event, you will receive an email to confirm your registration.
- Open the Zoom Events confirmation email.
- Click View Ticket.
This will redirect you to the Upcoming tab of events in the Tickets page.
- Find the ticket for the event that you want to join.
- Click Join.
Join an event from your Zoom Events account
- Sign in to your Zoom Events account with the same email address that you used for ticket registration.
- In the top-right corner, click Tickets.
- Click the Upcoming tab.
- Find the ticket for the event you want to join.
- Click Join.
Join an event from a calendar entry
- Open your calendar.
- Find the Zoom Events entry you want to join.
- Open the scheduled entry.
- Click the Join This Zoom Event link.
Note: The URL in the calendar entry is unique to your Zoom Events account. The link will not work for other users.