Changing status to Away when inactive
You can choose to change your presence status to Away if your computer is inactive for a specified amount of minutes. By default, your presence status is automatically set to Away after 15 minutes of inactivity; however, you can adjust this setting. This setting is useful if you want to adjust and control your status during your computer's idle time.
Prerequisites for Change my status to "Away" when I am inactive
- Zoom Desktop Client
- Windows: 5.2.0 (42619.0804) or higher
- macOS: 5.2.0 (42634.0805) or higher
Using Change my status to "Away" when I am inactive
To change your status to Away when your computer is inactive:
- Sign in to the Zoom Desktop Client.
- Click your profile picture then click Settings.
- Click Chat .
- Under Chat Settings, select the Change my status to "Away" when I am inactive for ___ minutes check box.
- (Optional) Click the dropdown menu and select the specified amount of minutes of inactivity that you want.
You can also type a specified amount of minutes.
- (Optional) To disable this setting, deselect the Change my status to "Away" when I am inactive for ___ minutes check box .
This will prevent Zoom from automatically setting your status to Away.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.