You can choose to change your presence status to Away if your computer is inactive for a specified amount of minutes. By default, your presence status is automatically set to Away after 15 minutes of inactivity; however, you can adjust this setting. This setting is useful if you want to adjust and control your status during your computer's idle time.
- Zoom Desktop Client
- Windows: 5.2.0 (42619.0804) or higher
- macOS: 5.2.0 (42634.0805) or higher
Managing Change my status to "Away" when I am inactive
To change your status to Away when your computer is inactive:
- Sign in to the Zoom Desktop Client.
- Click your profile picture then click Settings.
- Click Chat .
- Under Chat Settings, select the Change my status to "Away" when I am inactive for ___ minutes check box.
- (Optional) Click the dropdown menu and select the specified amount of minutes of inactivity that you want.
You can also type a specified amount of minutes.
- (Optional) To disable this setting, deselect the Change my status to "Away" when I am inactive for ___ minutes check box .
This will prevent Zoom from automatically setting your status to Away.