Enabling or disabling call overflow and transfer
Admins can use Zoom Phone policy settings to enable or disable phone users' ability to change certain call overflow/handling settings and transfer their call using in-call controls.
Note: These policy settings are available at the account, site (multiple sites enabled), or phone user level. The lower-level policy setting overrides higher-level policy settings. For example, if enabled for a specific phone user but disable at the site level, the phone user setting takes effect.
Prerequisites for enabling or disabling call overflow and transfer
- Pro, Business, or Education account
- Account owner or admin privileges
- Zoom Phone license
How to enable or disable call overflow and transfer for phone users
- Access policy settings at the account, site, or phone user level.
- Click the following toggles to enable or disable it for the associated account, site, or phone user.
- Call Overflow: Enable or disable phone users' ability to change certain call overflow/handling settings. If disabled, these call handling options will be disabled for the user, site, account: Forward to External Contacts, Forward to Internal Extensions, and Allow Callers to Reach an Operator. Users with settings that don't comply will be set to Forward to Voicemail. If voicemail is disabled, it will be set to Disconnect. For more information on these options, see the article for call handling settings.
- Call Transferring: Enable or disable phone users' ability to transfer their call using in-call controls.
Note: This only applies to the Zoom desktop client and mobile app. Provisioned desk phones are not supported.
- If you enabled at least one of the toggles, select one of these options under each setting for more granular control:
- Call Overflow
- Call Transferring
- Can blind, warm or voicemail transfer to internal extensions and warm or blind transfer to external numbers
- Can blind, warm or voicemail transfer only to internal extensions
- Can blind or warm transfer only to internal extensions that require inbound Automatic Call Recording and can voicemail transfer to all internal extensions
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.