Transferring meetings between devices
When you’re busy and need to take a meeting or webinar on another device, seamlessly transferring meetings and webinars between devices is very quick and convenient. Whether taking a meeting as you leave to walk the dogs, switching devices due to low battery, or arriving at your office and wanting to take advantage of some features or controls unique to the desktop client, this feature gives you the flexibility to participate in meetings and webinars as you need with your busy schedule.
- When transferring a meeting or webinar between devices, certain settings and data will not transfer between devices, such as sent chat messages, your raised hand status, any active local recording, closed captions, submitted Q&A, and view of the full transcription. This is the same as re-joining a session after leaving or disconnecting.
- Transferring a webinar between devices is only possible for the host and co-host of the webinar.
This article contains:
- Enabling meeting and webinar transfer for your account
- Transferring a meeting or webinar from another device
- Zoom desktop client
- Windows: 5.7.6 or higher
- macOS: 5.7.6 or higher
- Linux: 5.7.6 or higher
- Zoom mobile app
- Android: 5.7.6 or higher
- iOS: 5.7.6 or higher
- Signed-in to the same account on both devices
Enabling meeting and webinar transfer for your account
To enable or disable meeting and webinar transfer for all users in the account:
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal as an admin with the privilege to edit account settings.
- In the navigation menu, click Account Management then Account Settings.
- Click the Meeting tab.
- Under In Meeting (Basic), click the Allow users to transfer meetings between devices toggle to enable or disable it.
- If a verification dialog displays, click Enable or Disable to verify the change.
Note: Basic accounts do not have access to the Account Settings page, but this feature will already be enabled by default and thus accessible to them.
Transferring a meeting or webinar from another device
If you’re already participating in a meeting or webinar on one device, you can check the list of upcoming meetings on another device you are signed-in to for the option to switch the meeting to this device.
Note: Transferring a webinar between devices is only possible for the host and co-host of the webinar.
- Open the Zoom desktop client and sign in.
- Navigate to the Home tab to view the list of upcoming meetings and webinars.
The session listed as In Progress will have the Start / Join button replaced with Switch.
- Click Switch to join the meeting or webinar. When you have successfully joined on the desktop client, the other device connected to the meeting will automatically disconnect.
- Open the Zoom mobile app and sign in.
- Navigate to the Meet & Chat tab.
- Tap Switch next to the session listed as In Progress to join that meeting on your mobile device. When you have successfully joined on the mobile app, the other device connected to the meeting will automatically disconnect.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.