To promote accessibility and ease of use, some meeting reactions can be triggered by performing the reaction during the video. When the reaction is recognized, the associated reaction will be triggered for you. Currently, Zoom can recognize the Thumbs Up and Raise Hand reactions.
- Zoom mobile app for iOS, 5.7.6 or higher
- Joined a meeting on a supported device
- Ipad with A12+ Chips
- Apple iPad Pro (2021, 5th generation)
- Apple iPad Pro (2020, 4th generation)
- Apple iPad Pro (2018, 3rd generation)
- Apple iPad 10.2 (2020, 8th generation)
- Apple iPad Air (2020, 4th generation)
- Apple iPad Air (2019, 3rd generation)
- Apple iPad mini (2019, 5th generation)
- Reactions enabled for use in the meeting by the host
Enabling gesture recognition
When in a meeting and you would like to enable the Zoom mobile app to recognize gestures:
- Tap the More button.
- Tap Meeting Settings .
- Under the Gestures section, tap the slider next to Raise Hand and/or Thumbs Up to enable gesture recognition in the meeting.
Using gesture recognition
- Join a meeting with a supported iPad
- Raise your hand and perform a thumbs up or raise hand gesture. Hold the gesture for a couple of moments to allow the gesture to be recognized.
- Gesture must be performed with video on and within the video frame captured by Zoom.
- Only one hand must be visible and away from your face and body.
- For the Thumbs Up reaction, it is best to have the thumb in the upright position.
- For the Raise Hand reaction, it is preferable to use your left hand on the left side of the screen and your right hand on the right side of the screen. In both cases, your palm should be facing the camera and flat. A notification will appear when recognition begins, allowing you to stop the gesture if not intended.