Locking or unlocking a call
If you're a member of a shared line group or a call delegation setup, you can lock your current call to prevent others from entering or monitoring the call. The specific functions prevented will depend on the type of shared line:
- If you're a member of a shared line group, locking the call will prevent the following:
- If you place the call on hold, other phone users can't pick up the held call.
- Other phone users can't monitor the call (listening, whispering, barging, or taking over).
- If you a delegator of a call delegation setup, locking the call will prevent the following:
- Prevent other phone users from picking up a held call if you place the call on hold.
This article covers:
- Zoom desktop client for Windows, macOS, or Linux, 5.7.6 or higher
- Zoom mobile app for Android or iOS, 5.7.6 or higher
- Zoom Phone license
- Member of a shared line group, or a delegator part of a call delegation setup
- Privacy feature enabled for shared line group or call delegation setup
How to lock or unlock a call
Note: If you're member of a shared line group, you can only lock/unlock the call if it was made or received by the shared line group.
- Sign in to the Zoom desktop client or mobile app.
- Make or receive a call.
- Click or tap More using the in-call controls.
- Click or tap Lock Call or Unlock Call.
You will a notification stating the is call is locked or unlocked.
Results of locking a call
- You will see an eye icon next to the relevant line in the Lines tab. Other phone users in the same shared line group or call delegation setup will also see this icon.
- If another phone is already monitoring the call when you lock it, they will remain in the call.
- You can't merge a locked call (also known as add a call or start a 3-way call).
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.