Getting Started with Zoom Whiteboard
Zoom Whiteboard provides customers a set of easy-to-use tools to collaborate together to capture ideas, processes, and concepts.
With features focused on fostering innovation, Zoom Whiteboard makes it simple for hybrid teams to interact in new ways for seamless collaboration.
For a more detailed walkthrough, see our Zoom Whiteboard User Guide. Administrators who need to enable whiteboards for their account can consult our Zoom Whiteboard Administrator Guide. Zoom Rooms users can find detailed information about using whiteboards here.
This article covers:
- How to create a whiteboard
- How to share a whiteboard
- How to use the whiteboard tools
Prerequisites for using Zoom Whiteboard
- Zoom desktop client
- Windows: 5.10.3 or higher
- macOS: 5.10.3 or higher
- Linux: 5.10.3 or higher
- Zoom mobile app*
- Android: 5.10.3 or higher
- iOS: 5.10.3 or higher
- Zoom Whiteboard enabled for your account by an administrator
- Zoom desktop client
*Note: Zoom Whiteboards can only be viewed and edited when using the Zoom mobile app on a tablet or iPad. When using the Zoom mobile app on a smaller mobile device, such as a phone, you will only be able to view Zoom Whiteboards.
How to create a whiteboard
From a Zoom meeting
- Start a meeting from the Zoom desktop client.
- Click the Whiteboard button on the in-meeting controls.
- Click New Whiteboard.
- Click the arrow next to All Participants can edit to choose what permissions you would like participants to have.
- Click Open and Collaborate.
The whiteboard will open in your meeting window.
From the Zoom desktop client
- Sign in to the Zoom desktop client.
- Click the Whiteboards button at the top right.
- Click New to create a new whiteboard.
From the Zoom web portal
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- Click Whiteboards.
- Click + New at the top right to create a new whiteboard.
How to share a whiteboard
- Once you have created a whiteboard, click Share at the top right to send the whiteboard to other users.
- Enter the email addresses of the users you would like to share the whiteboard with and set their permissions. Click Send.
- Alternatively, click Copy Link and then paste the link in a message or email to send to others.
How to use the whiteboard tools
The whiteboard tools available for use are located on the left side of the screen. To activate a tool, click its icon. Once selected, the mouse cursor will change to indicate the current tool mode. For most controls, clicking on the canvas will then create an object of that type. If using the select tool, you will be able to select one or more objects and change their properties.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.