Zoom Room Controllers now displays a join link for a user's Personal Meeting ID (PMI), using the feature Join Personal Meeting ID. Users can insert a hyperlink of their personal meeting link in the Location field in their profile on the Zoom web portal. When the contact is selected from the contact list on the Zoom Room controller, the PMI link will be displayed under the Meet Now button.
This feature allows the Zoom Room to easily find and join the user’s PMI.
- This functionality already exists in the Zoom desktop client. This feature refers to how it is being implemented in Zoom Rooms.
- The user’s Location field must include a valid PMI URL. The PMI must be detectable, and it must be populated in the Location field for users to select the tappable PMI link.
This article covers:
- How to use Join Personal Meeting ID
Prerequisites for using Join Personal Meeting ID
- Please visit the system requirements for Zoom Rooms device and controller
- Free, Pro, Business, Education, or Enterprise account
- Basic user
- Zoom desktop client:
- Windows: 5.5.0 (12454.0131) or higher
- macOS: 5.5.0 (12467.0131) or higher
- Zoom mobile app:
- Android version: 5.6.6 (2076) or higher
- iOS version: 5.6.6 (423) or higher
How to use Join Personal Meeting ID
Entering PMI into the Location field of your profile
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation menu, click Profile.
- Under Meeting, find Personal Meeting ID and click the eye icon to view your PMI and meeting link.
- Copy your personal meeting link.
- Under your profile name, click Edit.
- In the Location field, paste your PMI.
- Click Save.
Using the Join Personal Meeting ID from a Zoom Room
- Go to a Zoom Room.
- Search for a contact who has entered their PMI into their Location field.
- On the controller, select the contact’s name.
Under their name, the PMI URL is displayed next to the Location field.
- Next to the Location field, tap the PMI URL.