Setting up an appliance as a common area phone
Prerequisites for setting up an appliance as a common area phone
- Account owner or admin privileges
- Zoom Phone license
- Zoom Phone Appliance
- Shared Office feature enabled on your account by Zoom
How to set up an appliance as a common area phone
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation menu, click Phone System Management then Users & Rooms.
- Click the Shared Offices tab.
- Click Add and enter the following information:
- Site (only visible if you have multiple sites): Select the site you want the common area phone to belong to.
- Display Name: Enter a display name to identify the common area phone.
- Description (Optional): Enter a description to help identify the common area phone.
- Extension Number: Enter an extension number to assign.
- Package: Assign an outbound calling package.
- Click Save.
- In the navigation menu, click Device Management then Device List.
- Click the display name of the device you want to assign to a Shared Office and set up as a common area phone.
- Next to Assignment, click the Assign To drop-down menu and select Shared Office.
Note: If the appliance is already assigned to a user, click Remove from User, then click Remove to confirm.
- Enter the display name of the Shared Office added in step 4, then select it and click Assign.
The phone will automatically reboot.
Join the 83K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.