Using Zoom's Evernote Chatbot
Zoom’s Evernote Chatbot enables you to designate a Zoom Chat channel to access, create, and update your Evernote content. You can also receive notifications from your Evernote account in your Zoom chat client.
This guide covers:
- How to add and configure Zoom's Evernote Chatbot
- How to use the Evernote Chatbot
- How to remove the Evernote Chatbot
- Data security
Prerequisites for Zoom's Evernote Chatbot
- An Evernote admin account
- Account owner or admin privileges
- Pre-approval of the Evernote Chatbot in the Zoom App Marketplace
Note: If the app is not pre-approved, please contact your Zoom admin.
How to add and configure Zoom's Evernote Chatbot
Add the integration from the Zoom App Marketplace
- Sign in to your Zoom account.
- Access the Zoom App Marketplace.
- In the top right of your screen, enter "Evernote" in the search box.
- In your search results, find the Evernote app and click it.
Note: If the app is not pre-approved, contact your Zoom admin to approve this app for your account.
- Click Visit Site to Install.
- Confirm the app permissions and click Authorize.
Note: If your admin has installed the Evernote Chatbot, it will automatically be installed for you in the Zoom desktop client.
After the Evernote Chatbot is installed, you will see it listed under the BOTS section in the left-hand panel of your Zoom desktop client.
Configure the Evernote Chatbot
Note: To complete the following steps, you must have administrative privileges in Evernote and Zoom.
- After you authorize, you will be directed to a configuration page that asks you to enter your developer token.
- To obtain your developer token, access https://dev.evernote.com/doc/articles/dev_tokens.php.
How to use the Evernote Chatbot
Once the Evernote account information has been entered, Evernote users can use the chatbot’s commands.
Use the slash command
You can also interact with the Evernote Chatbot using the following chatbot slash commands.
When you are entering chatbot slash commands in the chatbot’s 1:1, you do not need to specify the initial chatbot name. For example, in the 1:1 chatbot channel (the Evernote channel), you can issue the command:
However, if you enter a chatbot slash command in any other group channel, you must include the chatbot slash name:
help: Type /evernote help to show a list of commands for the chatbot.
To get the five most recently edited notes from your Evernote account, use the notes command. Type notes into the Evernote channel or /evernote notes to see your latest notes.
create: Type /evernote create to create a note and receive a link to it.
config: Type /evernote notebooks tally to count your notes by usage in each of your notebooks.
config: Type /evernote tags tally to receive a tally of your notes by the usage of your tags.
Start an Instant Meeting: Type /evernote meet to start an instant Zoom meeting. The chatbot will display a join meeting link, visible to all members of the current chat channel.
config: Type /evernote config to receive a link to reset your configuration and re-enter your developer token. This command is useful if your token was incorrectly entered or has expired.
How to remove the Evernote Chatbot
Uninstall the Evernote Chatbot from the Zoom App Marketplace
- Login to your Zoom account and navigate to the Zoom Marketplace.
- Search for Evernote and click the app or navigate to your installed apps via Manage > Installed Apps.
- Click Remove next to Evernote.
- Confirm the dialogue and click Remive.
Removing the integration settings from Evernote
Navigate to the notifications section and either click Remove or click Edit and then unclick Callout for each notification.
- This app has access to the following information on Zoom:
- View existing meeting details for a Zoom user under the Zoom account
- View all information of a Zoom user under the Zoom account
- This chatbot has the following permissions on Zoom:
- This chatbot can send a chat message to an IM channel or Zoom user under the Zoom account.
- This chatbot can create a Zoom meeting on behalf of any Zoom user under the Zoom account.
- This app has access to the following information on Evernote:
- See the Evernote API reference.
- Data accessed by the app: All info and metadata contained in Notes, Notebooks, and tags.
- Data stored in a database: Evernote access token and user id.
- Data presented to the user: Note titles, link to notes, Notebook names, tag names.
- Data Received from webhooks: All info and metadata contained in Notes and Notebooks, including all changes.
- Communications between this chatbot and Zoom/Evernote are encrypted:
- Protocol: TLS 1.2
- Cipher suite: ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256
- Key length: 128 bits
- Perfect Forward secrecy: YES
- This chatbot stores access credentials in the local data store:
- Evernote Tokens (admin-level and user-level) and Zoom OAuth credentials (admin-level and user-level) are stored in an encrypted database.
For additional help or technical support, please submit a ticket.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.