Using the Zoom integration for Microsoft Dynamics 365
The Zoom integration for Microsoft Dynamics 365 enables you to use Zoom Phone in Dynamics 365. Features include the following:
- Initiating calls to existing contacts
- Receiving calls and creating new contacts
- Viewing call logs
- Adding attributes for calls: note, assign to, relates to, disposition
This article covers:
- How to install the required apps
- How to configure the integration
- How to use Zoom Phone
- How to uninstall from the Zoom App Marketplace
- Troubleshooting for Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Data security
Prerequisites for Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Account owner or admin privileges
- Pro, Business, Education, or Enterprise account
- Valid Zoom Phone plan
- Zoom desktop client, 5.2.0 or higher
- Zoom admin has configured phone numbers in the Zoom Phone system
- Microsoft Dynamic’s Channel Integration Framework (CIF) installed
How to install the required apps
The integration consists of an app for the Zoom desktop client and an app for Home Dynamics. To enable the integration, you install both apps:
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 app from the Zoom App Marketplace
- Zoom for Dynamics 365 app from Dynamics 365 appSource
Install Microsoft Dynamics 365
To install the Microsoft Dynamics 365 app from the Zoom App Marketplace:
- Sign in to the Zoom App Marketplace as a Zoom account administrator.
- In the top right of your screen, enter Microsoft Dynamics in the search box to find the app.
- In your search results, find the Microsoft Dynamics 365 app and click it.
- Click Add.
- Confirm the permissions the app requires, then click Authorize.
The installation redirects you to the Home Dynamics site.
Install Zoom for Dynamics 365
To install the Zoom for Dynamics 365 app from the Dynamics 365 appSource:
- Sign in to https://dynamics.microsoft.com as an administrator.
- Click Get more apps.
- Search for Zoom.
- Select Zoom for Dynamics 365 and click Get it now.
- Complete filling out your information.
- Agree to the terms and click Continue.
- Select an environment and click Install.
How to configure the integration
You must configure the integration in the Zoom web portal and the Home Dynamics portal.
Zoom web portal
To enable users to place calls directly, configure Zoom account settings:
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal as an admin with the privilege to edit account settings.
- In the navigation menu, click Account Management then Account Settings.
- Click the Zoom Phone tab.
- Click the Automatically Call From 3rd Party Apps toggle to enable or disable it.
Home Dynamics portal
To display the integration in Microsoft Dynamic CIF framework:
- Sign in to https://dynamics.microsoft.com/ as an administrator.
- Open the Channel Integration Framework app.
- Access Channel Provider and click New.
- For Channel Provider Configuration, enter the following information:
- Name: Zoom Video Inc
- Label: Zoom Video Inc
- Enable Outbound Communication: Yes
- Channel Order: 1
- Trusted Domain: https://applications.zoom.us
- Channel URL: https://applications.zoom.us/mscrm/login?base=https://yourdomain.crm.dynamics.com
Note: the domain in the Channel URL should match your CRM domain.
- For Select Unified Interface Apps for the Channel, enter the apps you want to access the Zoom Phone app. Example: Customer Service Hub.
- For Select Roles for the Channel, enter the roles your organization wants to use the Zoom app.
- Click Save and Close.
To finish the authorization process, sign in to Zoom Phone in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Zoom:
- Sign in to MS Dynamics 365.
- Open the app you configured to use the Zoom Phone.
For example, Customer Service Hub; the app displays Zoom Phone as a widget on the side.
- Click Sign In.
- Click Authorize.
Note: Your Zoom admin may need to pre-approve the Zoom app in the Zoom App Marketplace.
Once authorized, the widget displays the Zoom Phone dial pad.
How to use Zoom Phone
Initiate and receive calls
When you make an outbound call or receive a call, it automatically:
- Opens the Zoom Phone client
- Changes the widget UI to capture the call information
Maintain call information
When completing the call information, consider these options:
|Field||Description and Options|
|Assign To||* Contact: create new contact
* Existing Contact: Displays the Call From field. You can select from a list of existing contacts.
|Relates To||Select from:
* Left a voicemail
* No answer
* Bad number
After a call ends the Zoom app displays the call log. You can:
- Listen to recordings
- Listen to voicemail
- View activity
- Add activity
- Copy the number
Sign out from the Zoom app
You can sign out from the Zoom app to clear the user-session information. In the Zoom Phone widget, select the profile icon, and click Sign Out.
To remove your data from the database, see How to uninstall from the App Marketplace.
How to uninstall from the Zoom App Marketplace
- Sign in to the Zoom App Marketplace as the account administrator.
- In the top right of the page, click Manage.
- In the navigation menu, click Added Apps.
- Next to Microsoft Dynamics 365, click Remove.
- Confirm the dialogue and click Remove.
Troubleshooting for Microsoft Dynamics 365
Issues with accessing the Zoom integration
Note: When making any changes to these settings, ensure that users restart their browsers.
For issues accessing the Zoom integration with Microsoft Dynamics 365, check the following:
- Your internet browser settings are configured to allow all cookies.
- For Chrome browsers, open Settings.
- In the navigation panel, click Privacy and Security.
- Click Cookies and other site data.
- Under General Settings, ensure that you enable Allow all cookies.
- The correct app and roles are selected in the Channel Integration Framework.
- Log in to https://home.dynamics.com as an administrator.
- Open the Channel Integration Framework app.
- Go to Channel Provider Configuration and open Zoom Video Inc.
- Verify that you have configured the correct app and roles.
Issues with being unable to save phone activities
- Verify that the Zoom package is installed in Microsoft Dynamics 365 appsource.
- Open the Sales Hub app page.
- Go to Advanced Setting then Solutions.
- Confirm that Zoom Video for Dynamics 365 is installed.
Note: If you need to reinstall the package, ensure that users restart their browsers to affect the update.
Issues with being unable to search for users’ phone numbers
- Verify the msdyn_ciLibrary js is loaded.
- In a Chrome browser, open the Sales Hub app page.
- Right-click the page and select Inspect to display the Chrome Web Inspector screen.
- Select Network and refresh the page.
- Search for msdyn_ciLibrary and confirm it is loaded.
- If you do not see the library, reinstall the Zoom for Dynamics 365 app.
Note: If you need to reinstall the app, ensure that users restart their browsers to affect the update.
- The Dynamics 365 CRM requires Zoom account access.
- The Dynamics 365 CRM can view:
- User information: user id, first name, last name, email, user type
- Phone information: phone number, call log, voicemail, recording
- The app caches Dynamics 365 CRM contactId, leadId, accountId, phone activityId.
- Communication between Zoom and the Zoom app is encrypted:
- Protocol: TLS 1.2
- Cipher suite: ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256
- Key length: 128 bits
- Perfect Forward secrecy: YES
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.