Using the Virtual Backgrounds App
The Virtual Backgrounds app for Zoom enables you to select your favorite virtual background from over 2 million high-resolution images. These are curated by the world’s best community of photographers from Unsplash.
You can set virtual background images from browsing popular categories like arts and nature. These images are constantly refreshed and sorted by relevance.
- A Zoom account
- Zoom desktop client
- Windows: version 5.7.3 or higher
- macOS: version 5.7.3 or higher
- Meet the system requirements for using virtual backgrounds
How to install from the Zoom App Marketplace
The Virtual Backgrounds app is included with the Zoom desktop client and is displayed in your Zoom Apps list.
To install the app manually:
- Log in to the Zoom Marketplace,
- Search for Virtual Backgrounds.
- Click Add.
- Review the requested permissions and click Authorize.
Once installed, the app is displayed under the Apps section of the Zoom desktop client.
How to use the Virtual Backgrounds App
This app adds to the Zoom desktop client’s virtual background feature.
Use the search bar to find a specific images. This searches against the Unsplash library and returns the images that best match the search result.
You can remove your background or change it to a blurred background from the app.
How to uninstall from the App Marketplace
- Log in to the App Marketplace web portal.
- Click Manage and then click Added Apps.
- Click Remove next to the Virtual Backgrounds app.
The application uses the zoomapp:inmeeting scope to allow users to open it during Zoom meetings, as well as set the virtual background of the user. Please refer to the Zoom privacy statement for details on how Zoom collects, uses, and shares personal data.
See the full list of Zoom Apps SDK methods accessed by this app below:
- setVirtualBackground - Sets the user’s virtual background.
- removeVirtualBackground - Removes the user’s virtual background.
- openUrl - Opens a URL in the system browser of a user's device.
Ensure you have installed the smart virtual background package. The Zoom desktop client needs the package to render the virtual background.
- Sign in to the Zoom desktop client.
- Click your profile picture, then click Settings.
- Select Backgrounds & Filters
- Select the desired virtual background.
- (Optional) Add your own image or a video to upload.
- If prompted, click Download to download the package for virtual background without a green screen.
For more information, see Using the Virtual Background.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.