Using Zoom Meetings in Salesforce
You can schedule Zoom meetings from the Zoom web portal or from Salesforce. The integration seamlessly syncs the meeting information from the Zoom web portal to your Salesforce events.
This integration works for Salesforce Lightning and Classic.
With this integration, you can do the following:
- Schedule a Zoom meeting when you create or update an event in Salesforce.
- Start instant Zoom meetings and automatically create events directly from leads or contacts.
- Instant meetings are shown in your Activity History and listed in your Zoom meeting list.
- View reports for Zoom meetings.
- Sync Zoom meeting information to Salesforce.
- Sync meetings with Google Calendar.
This article covers:
- How to start instant meetings in Salesforce
- How to manage Zoom meetings as events
- How to create events for external Zoom meetings
- How to view reports
Prerequisites for using Zoom Meetings in Salesforce
- Business account
- Zoom for Salesforce app
- Salesforce administrator has configured Zoom Meeting and added the Zoom Meeting objects to the respective Salesforce layouts.
Note: If the app is not installed or the features are not available, contact your Zoom and Salesforce administrators.
How to start instant meetings in Salesforce
The integration enables you to start instant Zoom meetings by clicking Start Zoom Meeting from the quick actions menu of these pages:
- Service appointments (if enabled)
When on a lead or contact, click the quick actions dropdown and click Start Zoom Meeting. This launches a Zoom meeting and creates an event under the lead or contact record.
If you have enabled Send Email to Attendees at Launch on the Zoom Config page, you are redirected to the email interface page where you can send an email to your attendees with the Zoom meeting details.
Send email invites when starting a meeting
When you click the Start Zoom Meeting button, the integration automatically sends emails with the Zoom meeting details to the attendees.
Note: This feature requires the setting Send Email to Attendees at Launch to be enabled.
How to manage Zoom meetings as events
In Salesforce, when you create an event, the integration provides the following features for Zoom meetings on the event detail page:
Scheduling Zoom meetings
When you create or update an event in Salesforce select the Schedule a Zoom Meeting option.
Starting scheduled meetings
Once you add a Zoom meeting to an event, you can start the meeting by clicking the Join URL under the Meeting Details section, or clicking Start Zoom Meeting on the event detail page.
Configuring customer start time
When creating an event, you can set the following under Customer Start Time: date, time, time zone.
Enter the customer’s preferences for these settings. Once saved, the event displays the start and end times in the customer’s time zone. The system adjusts automatically and converts the meeting start time to your appropriate time zone.
Sending emails when scheduling events
When adding a Zoom Meeting to an event, you can use the Send Email button to send an email to your users, contacts, and leads. To add additional attendees, enter customer email addresses in the Enter Email Address of Attendees field.
Using Zoom PMI and Join Before Host options
My Zoom PMI: Use your personal meeting ID (PMI) to schedule your Zoom meetings.
Join Before Host: Allow your attendees to join the Zoom meeting before the host starts or joins the meeting.
View and refresh meeting details in Salesforce
Note: You must have at least two participants join the meeting.
You can view information about Zoom meetings on the event detail page. Zoom meeting details are available after the host has ended the Zoom meeting.
You can manually refresh the information by clicking the Sync Meeting Details button. This pulls the updated meeting information from the Zoom web portal and updates the: status, Zoom meeting start time, duration, participants, and recording information.
The integration will also automatically sync the data hourly as part of its daily tasks.
How to create events for external Zoom meetings
Note: The administrator must enable the integration to Sync external Zoom meetings to Salesforce.
External Zoom meetings are meetings you create using the Zoom web portal or Zoom client. The integration automatically finds the Zoom meetings and creates events in Salesforce based on matching contacts and leads information.
To enable a successful sync of Zoom meetings to Salesforce, when creating external Zoom meetings, ensure the following:
- The Zoom meeting host is an active Salesforce user.
- The Zoom meeting host is an owner of the Salesforce contact or lead.
- At least one participant is a Salesforce contact or lead.
- The meeting participant’s first and last name matches the first and last name of the contact or lead in Salesforce. The integration uses the first and last name to relate the Zoom meeting participant with the appropriate contact and lead.
View external Zoom meeting details
You can associate external Zoom meetings with Salesforce contacts and leads, create events for meetings, and view the activity history under the respective contacts and leads.
To access external Zoom meetings:
- Open the App Launcher and click External Zoom Meetings.
- Enter the date range desired to populate Zoom meetings.
- Click Get Details.
- You can choose to relate a contact or lead.
- Click Create Events for the selected meetings.
Note: External Zoom Meetings can display up to 2700 records in the last month. If you receive an error message, reduce the time interval to display less than 2700 records.
How to view reports
Navigate to the Report tab and click Zoom Report. This folder contains 3 different types of reports:
- Zoom Events: This report contains all events with a Zoom meeting. Information included in the report: Subject, Start Date, Account, Contact, and Opportunity.
- All Zoom Meetings by Status: This report shows all events with a Zoom Meeting grouped by the Zoom Meeting status. Information included in the report: Subject (Zoom Meeting topic), Start Time, End Time, Duration (in minutes), Participant Count, and Participants.
- All Zoom Meetings by User by User Status: This report shows all events with a Zoom Meeting grouped by User and then by Zoom Meeting Status. Information included in the report: Subject (Zoom Meeting topic), Start Time, End Time, Duration (in minutes), Participant Count, and Participants.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.