What is Zoom Video Conferencing?
Zoom is a communications platform that allows users to connect with video, audio, phone, and chat. Using Zoom requires an internet connection and a supported device. Most new users will want to start by creating an account and downloading the Zoom Client for Meetings. Others can review the variety of solutions offered by the Zoom platform and determine which one best fits their needs.
This article covers:
- What do I need for Zoom?
- How to use Zoom for beginners
- Zoom user guides
What do I need for Zoom?
New users can review the system requirements for Zoom below.
- Review the requirements for the Zoom app on desktops/laptops
- Review the requirements for the Zoom app on mobile devices
- Review the requirements for the Zoom web client (browser app)
- Review the requirements for Zoom Rooms and workstations
How to use Zoom for beginners
Join a Zoom meeting
- Open your meeting invitation in your email or on your calendar.
- Find the Zoom meeting link and click it. On most invitations the meeting link will appear under the Join Zoom Meeting heading.
- Click Allow if you are prompted to open Zoom.
Review the other methods for joining a meeting.
Start a Zoom meeting
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal and click Meetings.
- Hover your cursor over the entry for your scheduled meeting and click Start.
Note: If you do not have any scheduled meetings, click Schedule a Meeting. Complete the required information on the next page and click Save. Now hover your cursor over the meeting entry and click Start.
- The Zoom application will launch automatically to start the meeting.
Review the other methods for starting a meeting.
Zoom user guides
- Getting started guide for new users
- Getting started with Zoom Rooms
- Getting started with Zoom for Home
- Getting started with Zoom Phone (admin)
- Getting started with Zoom Phone (users)
- Frequently asked questions
- Support article table of contents
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.