Zoom Phone HubSpot integration
The Zoom integration for HubSpot enables you to use Zoom Phone with HubSpot. The integration provides the following features:
- A simple click to automatically dial a phone number within HubSpot
- Manually dial a phone number
- Automatically log calls to HubSpot and capture meaningful data for your organization (agents can leave notes, and more)
- Access voicemails and recordings within the call logs
- Enjoy the high call quality and security that are provided by Zoom
- Agents can leverage additional features with the Zoom client
This article covers:
- How to add and sign in to the Zoom Phone app within HubSpot
- How to make a call using Zoom Phone in HubSpot
- How to use SMS in HubSpot
- How to view call logs
- How to sign out from the Zoom Phone app from HubSpot
- How to remove the integration between Zoom and HubSpot
Prerequisites for integrating Zoom Phone with HubSpot
- Zoom Phone license
- Zoom Phone configured
- Zoom client version 5.2.0 or higher
- Admin access to Zoom and HubSpot to install/uninstall the Zoom Phone for HubSpot app
- Automatic Calling from Third-Party Application enabled by admin
How to install and sign in to the Zoom Phone app within HubSpot
You will need to be an administrator in Zoom and HubSpot to accomplish these steps:
- Sign in to your HubSpot account as an administrator.
- In the main navigation bar, click Marketplace, then select App Marketplace.
- In the search bar, search Zoom Phone.
- Select Zoom Phone for HubSpot, and click Install app.
- In the dialog box, enter your Zoom admin login credentials, then click Sign in.
- You will be prompted to grant permission for Zoom Phone for HubSpot to access your Zoom account. Click Authorize.
- You will be prompted to grant permission for Zoom Phone for HubSpot to access your hubSpot account. Click Connect app.
- Identify the Zoom Phone item in your calling providers list.
How to make a call using Zoom Phone in HubSpot
Enable Automatic Calling from Third-Party Application
Call from a contact record
- Sign in to your HubSpot account, select Contacts, then Contacts.
- Click the name of a record.
- In the left panel, click Call, then select Call from: Zoom Phone.
- Select a phone number.
- A Zoom Phone widget will pop up for you to sign in. If you are not signed into the Zoom app, please sign in with your Zoom login credentials, then authorize.
- Once your call connects, the widget will minimize.
- Once your call ends, the widget will expand and display the dial panel.
Call from the Zoom Phone widget
Note: Any changes to your Zoom account, such as assigning or removing a direct number, will require a refresh of your browser page to reflect that change.
- Sign in to your HubSpot account click Call, then select Call from: Zoom Phone.
- Select a phone number.
- In the Zoom Phone widget, type the name of your contact or type a phone number, then click the phone icon .
Take notes during an active call
You can take notes during an active call if you desire as follow.
- Click the Notes button to take notes for the call.
- Type your notes in the Comments box.
- Click Save.
- (Optional) Click the Notes button again to continue taking notes for your call.
Place a call on hold from the Zoom Phone widget
While in a call conversation, you can place the call on hold as follow:
- You can place up to 4 calls on hold.
- The call cannot be recorded while on hold.
- Click the Hold button .
- Click the Unhold button to resume the call.
- (Optional) If you have several calls on hold, on the top of the widget, click on the call you wish to retrieve, then click the Unhold button .
Mute or unmute a call from the Zoom Phone widget
While in a call conversation, you can mute/unmute the call as follow:
- Click the Mute button , to mute the call.
Your call will be muted and the button will change to the unmute button .
- Click the Unmute button , to resume the call.
Record a call conversation from the Zoom Phone widget
While in a phone call, you can record the conversation if desired as follow:
- On the phone dial pad, click Record.
- Click Stop Recording, to stop the recording.
- In your Hubspot account, click the Calls tab, then click on the recorded phone conversation to listen to the recording.
How to use SMS in HubSpot
The SMS feature in the Zoom Phone app in HubSpot allows you to send and receive text messages (SMS) if you are assigned this privilege by your admin. If you don't have this function, please contact your Zoom admin.
Send a text message to a phone number or contact
- Access the Zoom Phone widget in your HubSpot app.
- From the phone dial pad, select the SMS tab.
- Click the pencil icon to start writing your new text message.
- In the To: box, type the phone number or the name of the contact to send the text message.
- In the Text here... box, type your message.
- Click the send icon to send your message.
Your message will be sent.
- If sending the message fails, click Retry to send the message again, or click Delete to delete it.
- (Optional) Click the file icon to send images.
Note: Only JPG, PNG, JPEG, GIF files are supported at this time with a maximum size of 2MB, and you can only send one image at a time.
- To send an SMS when you have multiple direct phone numbers will require you to choose one of those numbers to send your SMS from.
- You can send a message to multiple recipients at the same time.
- You can send a message to an existing SMS thread.
Read a text message
- Access the Zoom Phone widget in your Hubspot app.
- From the phone dial pad, select the SMS tab.
- Click the text message you desire to read.
Sync SMS logs to Hubspot
You will need to have admin privileges to sync SMS logs to Hubspot.
- Sign in to your Zoom account as an admin.
- In the navigation menu, click Advanced, then App Marketplace.
- On the top right click Manage, then Added Apps, then click the Zoom Phone for Hubspot app.
- Scroll down on the page, then click Manage, then Configure.
- Click the toggle icon to enable Auto log SMS.
SMS that are sent and received will automatically start logging for your account.
View SMS activities in Hubspot
- Sign in to your Hubspot account.
- Click Contacts.
- Select the Activities tab, and check Zoom Phone in the filter.
You will now be able to view sent and received SMS in Hubspot.
How to view call logs
Outbound and inbound calls are automatically logged into HubSpot. The call log are categorized by month and contains the following information:
- Name of the HubSpot user
- Inbound or outbound call for the contact
- Date and time of the call
- Any associated recording
- Any associated voicemail
To view your call logs follow these steps:
- Sign in to your HubSpot account
- In the main navigation bar click Contacts, then Contacts.
- Select the desired contact, then in the right panel click the Calls tab.
- (Optional) Click a call log item for more detail. The module will expand to show the complement information.
- (Optional) Click a call log item to leave a note and assign an outcome. To leave a note, type your note in the box, then click Save. To assign an outcome, click Select an outcome to select your desired outcome.
- (Optional) If a call item has a recording or voicemail link, click on the link to be redirected to the recording or voicemail page.
How to sign out from the Zoom Phone app from HubSpot
- Open the Zoom Phone widget.
- On the bottom left of the dial panel, click Sign out.
Note: The user session information will be cleared after signing out.
How to remove the integration between Zoom and HubSpot
The integration consists of an app from Zoom and an app from HubSpot. To stop the integration, you will need to uninstall each app from Zoom and HubSpot. You will need to be an administrator in Zoom and HubSpot to accomplish these steps:
Uninstall the Zoom Phone for HubSpot app from HubSpot
You can uninstall the Zoom Phone for HubSpot app as instructed by HubSpot.
Remove the Zoom Phone for HubSpot app from Zoom Marketplace
You can remove the Zoom Phone for HubSpot app by following these instructions.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.