Quick start guide for Zoom Phone setup
If you don’t have an IT personnel and want to quickly get started, use this guide to set up your Zoom Phone system after you have acquired licenses. These steps must be completed by the account owner or admin.
This article covers:
- How to set up your Zoom Phone system
- How to get a phone number
- How to make a test phone call
- Additional information
How to set up your Zoom Phone system
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation menu, click Phone System Management.
- Click Setup.
- Click Begin Setup.
- Skip Company Main Number if not needed.
- Fill out the Set Your Company’s Emergency Address information and check the agreement.
- Click Done.
- Verify the information is correct in Set Your Company’s Emergency Address, click Save.
How to get a phone number
- After setting up your Zoom Phone system, click Assign then Assign Packages to the right of your name.
- Click Assign.
- Click Select Package, and select your Zoom Phone package.
- Click Confirm and Assign Numbers.
- Click Country/Region to select the country/region for your phone number.
- Click Number Type (All) to select your phone number type.
- Click Get Numbers.
- Click State/Province/Territory to select the area for your phone number.
- Enter your area code in Area Code - City.
- Click Search.
- Select a phone number from the list, then click Confirm.
- If the area you selected does not have a phone number in inventory, you can click Create Ticket to be notified when a phone number is available for that area. Otherwise you can search for another area by selecting your area code - All Location.
- If you have an existing phone number you would like to keep, you can port that number from your existing provider to Zoom.
How to make a test phone call
- Download the Zoom client for Meetings application.
- Sign in to the application.
- On the top of the application, click the Phone tab.
- Dial and call *8378.
- Speak into your mic.
Zoom Phone will automatically play back the audio.
If you don't hear audio being played back, there could be issues with your connection, audio device, or desk phone.
- After your initial setup, you can set up your voicemail and your working hours to receive phone calls. If you have additional Zoom Phone licenses, you can assign them to your members.
- If you need more in-depth information to administer your phone system follow these instructions.
- If you are a user, you can follow this quick start guide. For more in-depth information follow these instructions.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.