Getting started with Zoom Contact Center (agents)
Zoom Contact Center is an omnichannel contact center that's optimized for video and integrated into the same Zoom experience. Zoom Contact Center brings unified communications together with contact center capabilities.
For example, let’s say your organization is a software firm that supports customers in the US and Canada who use MacBooks and Windows laptops. If a French-speaking customer calls in asking for troubleshooting the Windows client, Zoom Contact Center can route them to a tech support agent that speaks French and is proficient with handling issues for Windows.
This article covers:
- Initial setup
- Basic features while in a customer engagement
- Basic features after a customer engagement
Prerequisites for using Zoom Contact Center as an agent
- Latest version of the Zoom desktop client or mobile app
- Zoom Contact Center license
If your Zoom admin assigned you a Zoom Contact Center license, you will see Contact Center in the Zoom web portal navigation menu, and the Contact Center tab in the Zoom desktop client.
Before taking inbound calls, follow these steps to get started:
- Sign in to the Zoom desktop client.
- Click the Contact Center tab.
You will be prompted to allow Zoom access to your microphone.
- Click Allow to allow Zoom to use your microphone.
Note: This is required to use contact center features.
- In the status drop-down menu located in the top-left corner, select your status, view which queues you belong to, and determine which queue to receive notifications from.
Basic features while in a customer engagement
While in an active engagement, use these features:
- Use voice call controls like mute/unmute your microphone or transferring the call
- Click the Profile tab to view information about the inbound customer like their caller ID number.
- Click the Engagement tab to view information about the current call like the queue they were routed from; and add or view notes for the engagement.
Basic features after a customer engagement
While in the wrap-up period for an engagement, use these features:
- Click the Engagement tab to add notes and select the disposition for the engagement.
- You can also view information about the engagement like previous notes.
While using contact center in the Zoom desktop client, please take note of these limitations:
- Currently, inbound engagements to the Windows desktop client will continue to ring after dismissing the notification. This will be fixed in a future release.
- The Contact Center tab in the Windows and macOS desktop clients don't support dark mode.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.