Zoom Contact Center voice call controls
After using Zoom Contact Center for making or receiving voice calls, you can access in-call controls like placing the call on hold or transferring the call. You can also multi-task while on an active voice engagement.
This article covers:
- How to access Zoom Contact Center voice call controls
- Mute / Unmute
- Hold / Unhold
- Stop Recording
- Hang up / end icon
- Right-side panel
Prerequisites for using voice call controls
- Zoom desktop client for Windows or macOS, 5.12.0 or higher
- Pro, Business, or Education account
- Zoom Contact Center license
- Contacts search enabled by your admin for searching Zoom Phone users and address book contacts
- Record and stop record controls enabled by your admin
How to access Zoom Contact Center voice call controls
- Sign in to the Zoom desktop client.
- Make or receive a voice call.
When the call connects, you will have access to voice call controls.
Mute / Unmute
Mute or unmute your mic.
Display a dial pad to enter numbers during the call.
Hold / Unhold
Place the call on hold or resume the call. The receiving party will hear music while they're on hold.
Note: Admins can customize your hold music in the Zoom web portal.
Transfer the call to another queue, agent, or external phone number. Click Transfer. Under Transfer to, follow one of these options:
- Number pad: Dial an external number using the on-screen or your keyboard number pad, then click the phone icon.
- Copy and paste: Copy and paste a number in the text field.
- Search contacts: Type a name or number above the dial pad to search Zoom Contact Center users, Zoom Phone users, and address book contacts. Click a search result to transfer the call. If the contact has several phone numbers, click the right arrow icon to view and select the number to call.
- Contacts search must be enabled by your admin to allow you to search Zoom Phone users and address book contacts.
- Search results for Zoom Phone users will display users' Zoom profile picture, presence status, display name, and extension number.
- Search results for Zoom Contact Center agents will display agents’ Zoom profile name, Zoom Contact Center profile picture as set by the admin, and availability status. Admins can set a Zoom Contact Center profile picture and display name that's separate from their Zoom profile picture.
- Admins can restrict your transfer options. If you can't complete a transfer, contact your admin.
You will be prompted to select a transfer method:
- Direct Transfer: Transfers the call to the queue or agent, then immediately hangs up your call. If there are any phone menu prompts, the other party will have to complete them.
- Warm Transfer: Places your call on hold while you complete the transfer. This option is useful if you want to navigate a queue’s automated answering machine for the caller or if you want to speak to the receiving agent before your call is transferred.
- Transfer to Voicemail Inbox: Transfer to the agent's voicemail inbox. This option is only available if you're transferring to Zoom Contact Center agent who is unavailable to receive engagements and is allowed to access an inbox.
Note: To enable this feature, submit a request to Zoom Support.
If you're transferring to a queue with an agent routing profile, you will be prompted to select a proficiency for each skill category in the agent routing profile. Use the drop-down menus to select proficiencies, then click Transfer.
Note: This control is only available when the queue's distribution method is set to Do Not Distribute.
Release the active voice engagement back to the queue that routed it. After releasing, the engagement will be available in the active engagements tab. where an agent or supervisor can manually assigned it.
Upgrade the voice engagement to a video engagement. You will be prompted to enter the email address of the consumer so they can receive an email with the video engagement join link.
Enter the consumer's email address, then click Send and Upgrade. You will automatically upgrade to the video engagement when the consumer joins the video engagement.
Start recording the voice call. You may hear an audio prompt notifying both parties that the call will be recorded (the audio prompt can be disabled by the admin). Contact center users with access can view, download, or delete call recordings using the Zoom desktop client or web portal.
The following scenarios affect call recordings:
- If you transfer the call, the recording will end when you select a transfer option. This applies when transferring to external or internal contacts. If you select Warm Transfer, you can start the recording again to record the portion before you complete the transfer.
Stop the ad hoc or automatic voice call recording. Click Record to resume the recording.
- If your admin enabled automatic voice call recording, the Record / Stop Recording button will be inaccessible by default, meaning you can't stop/resume the automatic voice call recording.
- If your admin enabled the ability for you to stop/resume automatic voice call recordings, you can click Stop Recording to stop the automatic recording. Optionally, click Record to resume the recording.
- If you resume the recording, you will record to the same recording file. Zoom will not create a separate recording file. As a result, you will see a single recording file/entry when you or an admin views recordings. View recordings in the web portal to see the timestamps of when the recording was stopped and resumed.
Hang up / end icon
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.