Using the Profile tab
The Profile tab displays information about the consumer for an active or completed Zoom Contact Center engagement. This information is based on their caller ID number for voice engagements. If the customer hasn’t been added to the address book by an agent or admin, you will see general information like their the caller ID number. If the caller was added to the address book by an agent or admin, you may see additional information like the customer's display name. You can also configure variables to display in the Profile tab.
After opening the Profile tab , you can hover over the left-side border, then click and drag to re-size the panel.
This article covers:
- How to access the Profile tab
- Voice and SMS engagements
- Video engagements
- Web chat and in-app chat engagements
- All engagements
Prerequisites for using the Profile tab
- Zoom desktop client for Windows or macOS, 5.9.3 or higher
- Pro, Business, or Education account
- Zoom Contact Center license
How to access the Profile tab
- Sign in to the Zoom desktop client.
- Click the Contact Center tab.
- Follow one of these options:
- Make or receive an engagement using contact center.
- Select a history entry in the left-side panel.
- View closed engagements and select an engagement.
- In the right-side panel, click the Profile tab .
The information you see depends on the type of engagement.
- (Optional) Hover over the left-side border, then click and drag to re-size the panel.
Voice and SMS engagements
You will see the following controls and information when viewing the Profile tab for voice or SMS engagements.
Controls when in an active engagement
- SMS: This option is only available when you're in an active voice engagement. Start a new SMS engagement with the consumer. The current voice engagement will continue to be active. You can switch active engagements using the left-side panel.
- Call: This option is only available when you're in an active SMS engagement. Start a new voice engagement with the consumer. The current SMS engagement will continue to be active. You can switch active engagements using the left-side panel.
Profile information when the caller ID number doesn’t exist in the address
If the caller hasn’t been added to the address book by an agent or admin, you will see the caller ID number in the following format (also known as E.164 format):
- Country code (preceded by plus sign)
- Area code
- Phone number
To add a number to the address book:
- Access the Profile tab .
- Click the blue add contact icon.
- Fill in the required fields.
- Click Save.
The number will be added to the address book. Future inbound calls from this number will display this information for the agent.
Profile information when the caller ID number exists as an address book contact
If the caller was added to the address book by an agent or admin, you will see the address book fields that have been filled out for the contact and the corresponding value. Click the ellipses icon then click Edit Contact to change the contact’s information.
- Display name:
- If the consumer started the video engagement from a website, it displays a generic Customer display name by default.
- If the consumer started the video engagement from a Zoom Rooms kiosk integrated with Zoom Contact Center, displays the display name of the Zoom Rooms kiosk.
Web chat and in-app chat engagements
- Display name: The display name that the consumer entered to start the chat engagement.
- Customer ID: The unique identifier of the consumer.
The following information is displayed for all engagements:
Click View More to view the following:
- System Variables / Custom Variables: If an admin has configured variables to be displayed in the Profile tab , this section displays these variables and their corresponding values.
- Address book variables and their values are displayed above the View More option.
- If the value is a URL, you can click the URL to open it using your system's web browser.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.