Changing settings in the PWA client
Some settings can be adjusted and set within the Progressive Web App (PWA) and the web client, without needing to change settings in the web portal. The web client can be accessed through the PWA, which can be installed on web browsers and ChromeOS devices, or through the Join from Your Browser link when using a join URL.
How to edit in-meeting web client settings
- Join or start a meeting with the web client.
- In the meeting toolbar, click Settings.
This will open the settings window, giving you access to the following options:
- Use hardware acceleration for Receiving video: Enable to use your device’s graphics card video decoder to save CPU usage for other processes. The web client will need to be refreshed for this to take effect.
- Show user profile icons next to in-meeting chat messages: Displays the participants’ profile photos in in-meeting chat. If no image is available for a participant, the participant’s initials appear.
- Reaction Skin Tone: Select the default skin tone when using chat emoticons and meeting reactions.
- Upload background button : Upload a background for use with the web client’s mask feature, which is similar to the Virtual Background feature on the desktop client.
- Background selection: Choose from the uploaded backgrounds to use.
- Mirror my video: Horizontally flip your video. This option is useful if your camera flips your video by default.
- Virtual Background: Instead of using the mask background, which has a static shape for your face to be visible, this is more similar to virtual background without a green screen. Available for use on devices with at least 4 logical cores, including 4 real cores or 2 cores with 4 threads. May still cause reduced performance on devices just achieving processor requirements.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.