Changing settings in the PWA client
Some settings can be adjusted and set within the Progressive Web App (PWA) and the web client, without needing to change settings in the web portal. The web client can be accessed through the PWA, which can be installed on web browsers and ChromeOS devices, or through the Join from Your Browser link when using a join URL.
How to edit in-meeting web client settings
- Join or start a meeting with the web client.
- In the meeting toolbar, click Settings.
This will open the settings window, giving you access to the following options:
- Maximum participants displayed per screen in Gallery View:
Choose between 9 participants or 25 participants (if supported by your device)
- Display your reactions above toolbar: Display your selected reactions to appear above the toolbar in the meeting.
- Reaction Skin Tone: Select the default skin tone when using chat emoticons and meeting reactions.
- Turn off my video when joining a meeting: Automatically disable your video when joining a meeting.
- Hide non-video participants: Hide participants' thumbnails if they don't have video enabled. Thumbnails for non-video participants display their name.
- Use hardware acceleration for: Enable to use your device’s graphics card video to save CPU usage for other processes. This can be enabled for Receiving video and Sending video. The web client will need to be refreshed for this to take effect.
- Speaker: Click Test Speaker to play a test tone. Click the drop-down menu to select the speaker you want Zoom to use.
- Microphone: Click Test Mic to record audio and play it back. Click the drop-down to select the mic you want Zoom to use.
- Mute my mic when joining a meeting
- Press and hold 'Space key' to temporarily unmute yourself: If you are muted in a meeting, allows you to unmute by pressing and holding the SPACE bar.
- Upload background button : Upload a background for use with the web client’s mask feature, which is similar to the Virtual Background feature on the desktop client.
- Background selection: Choose from the uploaded backgrounds to use.
- Mirror my video: Horizontally flip your video. This option is useful if your camera flips your video by default.
- Virtual Background: Instead of using the mask background, which has a static shape for your face to be visible, this is more similar to virtual background without a green screen. Available for use on devices with at least 4 logical cores, including 4 real cores or 2 cores with 4 threads. May still cause reduced performance on devices just achieving processor requirements.
Displays meeting data such as latency, packet loss, frequency, and jitter, so you can evaluate your audio and video quality.
Information about the Zoom product.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.