Frequently asked questions on currency change
The currency change feature will allow users without an account executive to change their account currency via the billing portal in 5 easy steps.
This article covers:
- Am I eligible to change my currency in the billing portal?
- How do I change my currency in the billing portal?
- How long does it take for a new currency to be reflected in my account?
- How many times can I switch my currency?
- Can I switch my currency back to my previous currency?
- What else should I know before switching my currency?
Prerequisites for changing currency online
- You do not have an assigned account executive.
If you have a quoted subscription, reach out directly to your account executive for assistance in changing your account currency.
- The currency change feature is also only available to users with Standard Pro plans for its initial release.
Am I eligible to change my currency in the billing portal?
If you do not have an account executive, you can confirm your eligibility to change your account currency by looking under the “Currency” section of your Billing portal. If other currencies are available in the currency dropdown, you are eligible to make a currency change.
There are additional eligibility factors that must be met in order to be eligible to change your currency:
- You must not have any outstanding invoices or account balances.
- Your requested currency must support your current plans/products.
- You must not be on a free trial period or pending cancellation.
- You do not have a history of fraudulent activities.
- Currently, only available to Standard Pro users (no add-ons/other product subscriptions) at this time.
- Currency change into Indian Rupee for plans over 5000INR are not supported at this time.
How do I change my currency in the billing portal?
If you meet the eligibility requirements to change your account currency, you will be able to initiate a currency change request via the billing portal following the below steps.
Note: Starting July 17, 2023, certain account owners and admins will notice a dedicated Plans and Billing section within their ADMIN menu.
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation menu, click Account Management then Billing.
- Click the Billing Information tab.
- To the right of the Currency drop down, click the drop down arrow to select the currency your account is eligible for.
A pop-up dialogue will appear asking if you’d like to switch your account into that new currency.
Note: Once the currency is changed, wait 24 hours before making any changes to your current plan.
- Review the note for changing currency, then click Yes.
- In the Review your new plan pop-up dialog, review your plan with the new currency, then click Confirm.
You will be directed to the PAYMENT page.
- In the Payment Method section, type in your new card information, then click Continue.
- In the REVIEW ORDER page, review your charges in the new currency and any other charges.
- At the bottom of the page check the box to agree with the changes, then click Proceed.
A pop-up dialogue will appear, asking you if you are sure of this change.
Note: Once you submit the currency change, you cannot cancel or revert back to your previous currency. The change is final.
- Click Yes, proceed.
- A confirmation screen will appear and you will receive a confirmation email.
- You will be charged at this point in time for your plan in the new currency. Any balances from your previous plan will be refunded directly to your original payment method.
How long does it take for a new currency to be reflected on my account?
Your account should be updated to reflect your new currency within several minutes of submitting your currency change request.
How many times can I switch my currency?
You are allowed to switch your account currency one time via the billing portal.
Can I switch my currency back to my previous currency?
No. All currency change requests are final and can not be reversed once submitted or revised by your account executive.
What else should I know before switching my currency?
By changing your account currency, you are subject to new pricing and terms in the requested currency.
Any coupons or discounts will not be carried over to your new plan.
You also agree to pay any outstanding invoices that may result from your account prior to your currency switch.
Join the 250K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.