Advance notice of end of support for Zoom Rooms Windows Controller (UWP)
On August 5, 2023, the Zoom Rooms Windows Controller Universal Windows Platform (UWP) application will reach end of life (This was originally scheduled for May 6, 2023). After this date, the application will no longer be functional. All Zoom Rooms with a Zoom Room Controller on a Windows OS device running the Zoom Rooms Windows Controller UWP application will need to switch to a supported Zoom Room Controller (see Recommended migration options below).
This article covers:
- How can I check whether I have deployed Zoom Rooms Windows Controllers (UWP app version)?
- Can I continue to use the Zoom Rooms Windows Controller app on my devices?
- What steps should I take to prepare for this change?
- Recommended migration options
How can I check whether I have deployed Zoom Rooms Windows Controllers (UWP app version)?
Customers may verify the current Zoom Rooms Controller application type from the Zoom admin portal by following these steps:
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- Click Device Management then Device List.
- Change the filter All Platform OS to Windows.
- Change the filter All Zoom Device Types to Zoom Rooms Controller.
- Review devices, including Device Name and Zoom Room Assignment.
- (Optional) click Export to export a list of devices to .CSV for further processing.
- Repeat the procedure after changing the filter All Zoom Device Types to Zoom Rooms Scheduling Display.
Can I continue to use the Zoom Rooms Windows Controller app on my devices?
No, after the end of support date, the Zoom Rooms Windows Controller UWP app available from the Microsoft Store will stop operating. A notification message will appear instructing the administrator to transition to an alternative hardware platform supported by the Zoom Rooms Controller app as soon as possible. The application will also be removed from the Microsoft Store.
What steps should I take to prepare for this change?
Zoom recommends examining your account to determine whether there are any Zoom Room Controllers or Zoom Scheduling Displays using the Zoom Rooms Windows Controller UWP app in your deployment. Zoom then recommends the following course of action for any Zoom Rooms using a device running the Zoom Rooms Windows Controller UWP app:
- Any devices that run the Zoom Rooms Windows Controller UWP app should be considered for replacement by a new Zoom Room Controller or Scheduling Display device ahead of the end of support date. See Recommended migration options below.
- Prior to replacement, you may continue to use Zoom Rooms Windows Controller UWP application as described above, until the end of support date arrives.
Recommended migration options
Join the 250K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.