Sending a Zoom Contact Center outbound SMS
Zoom Contact Center agents can send an outbound SMS message and associate the SMS engagement with a queues they're a member of. Each SMS message can contain up to 500 characters.
Prerequisites for sending a Zoom Contact Center outbound SMS message
- Zoom desktop client for Windows or macOS, 5.10.7 or higher
- Account owner or admin privileges; or role with Send outbound SMS messages privilege
- Pro, Business, or Education account
- Zoom Contact Center license
Note: You can be in the Ready or Not Ready status to send an outbound SMS.
How to send a Zoom Contact Center outbound SMS message
Note: Your admin can restrict your ability to send SMS to phone numbers not added to the address book, and send SMS while you're in an active engagement. Contact your admin if you're not able to send SMS messages.
- Sign in to the Zoom desktop client.
- Click the Contact Center tab.
- Click the plus icon then New SMS.
- (Optional) Below the dial pad, select your caller ID and queue:
- To: Enter an address book contact's display name to search through contacts, then select a contact to send an SMS message to. Alternatively, you can manually enter an external phone number.
- From: Change the outbound caller ID number.
- Queue: Select the queue to associate the outbound call with. Admins and supervisors will see the associate queue when viewing engagement history for the SMS engagement.
- Enter text to send.
- Press Enter or click the send icon to send the SMS message.
Your status will remain the same.
Join the 250K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.