Integrating with Mio Chat Interoperability
Integrate your Zoom account with Mio Chat Interoperability, a universal messaging solution that allows internal teams to chat across platforms between Zoom Chat and Slack, Microsoft Teams, and WebEx, so that everyone can chat with each other from their preferred platform.
Note: This integration is only available to internal contacts within the same company; it does not support chat interoperability with external contacts.
This article covers:
- How to enable and set up Mio on your Zoom account
- How to use Mio Chat Interoperability
- How to get Mio integration support
Prerequisites for the Mio Chat Interoperability integration
- Pro, Business, or Enterprise account
- Mio licenses (contact Sales)
- Account owner or admin privileges to install and set up Mio
- Users have latest Mio app installed by their account admin
- Zoom desktop client
- Windows: 5.10.6 or higher
- macOS: 5.10.6 or higher
- Linux: 5.10.6 or higher
- Zoom mobile app
- Android: 5.10.6 or higher
- iOS: 5.10.6 or higher
- Users must sign in again after updating their Zoom client. If users begin using Mio without updating, they may encounter user interface and local data storage issues.
- Mio is currently only available for US customers.
- Beginning with version 5.11.0, users must be licensed to use Mio to chat with users on other platforms. Basic users on 5.11.0 or later cannot send, share, or react to chats in universal channels where Mio is used, but they can still join and view messages.
How to enable and set up Mio on your Zoom account
Account owners and admins must set up Mio on their Zoom account for their users. As part of setting up Mio, you must configure the following settings in the Zoom web portal:
- Enable Zoom Cloud storage
Note: Mio will not operate with third-party non-Zoom Chat cloud storage solutions such as Box or SharePoint.
- Enable Allow bots to participate in chat and channels
- Disable advanced chat encryption
For detailed instructions on how to install and set up the Mio app, refer to Mio’s Help Center.
How to use Mio Chat Interoperability
For information on how to use Zoom Chat to message users on other chat platforms, refer to Mio’s Help Center.
How to get Mio integration support
If you are having issues with your Mio integration, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Describe the issue*:
- When the issue was discovered*:
- Contact email address*:
- Contact phone number:
- Email login affected:
- Usernames affected*:
- Channel name(s)*:
- Steps to reproduce the issue:
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.