Managing the Basic Information tab
The Basic Information tab is where you can add the fundamental and descriptive details of the event. The required fields on this page must be completed to save the event as a draft.
Note: Only the Basic Information tab needs to be completed to publish an event.
For more information about the event creation process, please visit Creating a Zoom Event.
This article covers:
- How to use the Basic Information tab
- How to make events open to India
- How to edit the Basic Information tab
Prerequisites for using the Basic Information tab in the event creation flow
- Zoom desktop client
- Windows: 5.7.6 or higher
- macOS: 5.7.6 or higher
- Zoom mobile client
- iOS: 5.7.6 or higher
- Android: 5.7.6 or higher
- Pro, Business, Enterprise, or Education account
- Stripe or PayPal Business account is required to create paid events
- Zoom Events license
- There is a dependency with Windows' Webview package for the Windows platform; while version 5.7.6 does support Zoom Events, it may cause a blank lobby experience for hosts.
- For access to the latest Zoom Events and Webinar features, we strongly recommend hosts to update to the latest version of the Zoom desktop client/mobile application.
How to use the Basic Information tab
Add basic information details
- Create Event for: Use the dropdown menu to select the hub the event will belong to.
- Event discoverability and registration access: This section lets you select the level of visibility you want for the session:
- Restricted Access: Only people you invite can view and register for the event.
- General Access: Only people with the event link can view and register for the event.
Note: Private hubs cannot have public events; update your hub Settings or contact the hub owner if you want general access.
- (Optional) I will send my own email invitations: Select this check box to prevent Zoom Events from sending email invitations on your behalf to users on the guest list.
- Event Name: Name of the event.
- Short Description: Provide a description of your event, using 140 characters or less.
- Category: Select the category for your event.
Note: (Optional) If you select Education and Family, the Event intended for parents with their children check box will appear. If you select this check box, you must agree to the Family Event Host's Code of Conduct to proceed. Anyone who joins a family-oriented event will have to agree to the Attendee's Host of Conduct.
- (Optional) Click + Add Tags to type and add the tag(s) you want to help with tracking purposes. Only one tag may be added at once; multiple words separated by commas or a space will be counted as a single tag.
- Select if this is a Free or Paid event:
- Free: Tickets to this event will be free and you will not be required to set a ticket price.
- Paid: Tickets to this event will not be free and you will be required to set a ticket price.
- (Optional) Geo-blocking: Use the dropdown menu to add the countries or regions from which users will not be allowed to join the event.
Note: The availability of Zoom Events is determined by the geographic location of the user.
Note: If the event is open to India, hosts will have to provide additional information about their business to continue with the event creation workflow.
Set the date and time
Set the date(s) and time(s) for how long the event will run.
- Date: Click the calendar icon to select the event's start date.
- Time: Click the start and end times to enter the start and end times of the event. A start and end time is required.
- + Add a time: Click to add an additional day to the event.
Note: You can add up to 6 days.
- Time Zone: By default, Zoom Events will use your computer's time zone. Click the dropdown menu to select a different time zone.
Set the event lobby schedule
Set a specific time for when you want the event lobby to open and close.
- Under Lobby opens for registrants:
- Date: Click the calendar icon to select the date the event lobby will open. Repeat to select which date the lobby will close.
- Time: Click the time and AM/PM dropdown menu to select what time the event lobby will open on the date selected. Repeat to select what time the event lobby will close on the selected date.
Note: A start and end time is required.
Copy the event link
The event's shareable link is displayed here; you can click the copy icon to copy the event link.
How to make events open to India
Note: Only free events can be made open to India.
The first time a host includes India as a country that is allowed to register for their event, the host will have to provide additional information about their business after they complete the Basic Information tab and click Save in order to continue with the event creation workflow:
- Hosts who are also the hub owner will be required to add additional information about their business
- Hosts who are not the hub owner will have to contact the hub owner to add additional information about the hub they belong to
Hosts can click Block India & Continue to opt-out of adding additional information about their business. This will geoblock India and users in India will not be able to register for the event.
How to edit the Basic Information tab
- Sign in to Zoom Events.
- In the top-right corner, click Manage.
- In the left navigation menu, click My Events.
- Click the Upcoming or Drafts tab to find the event you want to edit.
- To the right of the event you want to edit, click the pencil icon .
- Make your changes to the Basic Information tab.
- Click Save Draft or Republish.
Edit Basic Information tab features
This table displays the features found under this tab, the different stages of the event cycle, and whether or not the feature is editable at that stage of the event.
Editable after event is published or is upcoming
|Editable after a ticket has sold||Editable during live event||Editable post event|
|Create Event for|
|Free or Paid event|
|Date and Time||✔||✔*||✔*|
|Lobby open time||✔||✔||✔†|
* Time can be edited, but date cannot be edited.
† Lobby close time can be edited but only to an earlier date; lobby open time cannot be edited.
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.