Enabling or disabling animated GIF images for Zoom Chat
As an account owner or admin, you can enable or disable users’ ability to search and send animated GIF images when they compose messages in Zoom Chat. Additionally, you can set a G, PG, PG-13, or R rating for GIPHY content to restrict certain GIF images in Zoom Chat based on GIPHY’s content rating system. The default content rating is G. This setting is only available at the account level.
Prerequisites for enabling or disabling animated GIF images
- Zoom desktop client
- Windows: 5.11.0 or higher
- macOS: 5.11.0 or higher
- Linux: 5.11.0 or higher
- Pro, Business, or Education account
How to enable or disable animated GIF images
To enable or disable Search and send animated GIF images for all users in the account:
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal as an admin with the privilege to edit account settings.
- In the navigation menu, click Account Management then Account Settings.
- Click the Zoom Chat tab.
- Under Sharing, click the Search and send animated GIF images toggle to enable or disable it.
- If a verification dialog displays, click Enable or Disable to verify the change.
- By Set the GIPHY content rating, click the dropdown menu and select a rating for GIPHY content:
- G - Level 1
- PG - Level 2
- PG-13 - Level 3
- R - Level 4
Join the 100K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating.